Chops Grille Holiday Dinner - worth it?

steffenmande

Ended up booking a last moment new years cruise!

As i went in to the cruise planner to buy my drinks package i noticed that they had a special Chops Grille Holiday Dinner dinner offer!
Do anyone know if this one is worth it? It's 2.5x price increase vs the regular Chops Grille so i'm hoping its more than just the champagne and a lobster tail!

If its only the Moët & Chandon Champagne and lobster included that makes the difference, then i might skip and just go for a regular Chops Grille dinner myself, as we rarely drink more than a single glass of champagne anyways.

Hopefully someone tried it before!

If it will make your cruise special and memorable then maybe it's worth it.  

Over a number of years I've discovered most land restaurants are to be avoided on NYE.  Dinner on NYE is usually overpriced and the restaurant has pushed everyone who works there too far trying to cram in extra guests to capitalize on the night.  Consequently I stay home, buy some nice steaks, an expensive bottle of wine and I avoid the drunk drivers.  

You are paying extra primarily because it's in demand.  The premium does include some extras not normally included but the premium also covers the privilege to eat in a venue that is in high demand.  Whenever Royal sees demand increase for anything the price increase doesn't take very long to follow, just like land restaurants do on NYE.  

To be honest specialty dining for me has lost all its appeal at the new normal prices.  Double that again?  

John Candy No GIF by Laff

I had Chops on Thanksgiving Day and it was the same Chops Menu.  I ended up going to the Windjammer after Chops to get a small helping of Ham and Turkey.  Then I went to the main dining room and got pumpkin pie to go.  Three restaurants for a Thanksgiving meal but I got my feast with everything I wanted.