RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com Cruise aboard Symphony of the Seas

RBRSKI

There are still many events that you can participate in; however, there are additional perks/events for booking with the group. Remember that there is an associated cost for some of these events, which is presumably paid in part by the commission paid to the travel agency by the cruise line. In addition, MEI Travel supports the blog as an advertiser. 

5 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

How would this work if you are from England or Europe?

I honestly don't know. However, I do know on the last cruise that there were only a couple of events that were exclusive to those who booked through the group. 

6 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

How would this work if you are from England or Europe?

You should be able to book through MEI for the group regardless of what country you're in.  For non-group cruises this is not necessarily the case - but an exception has been worked out for groups.  Reach out to MEI by requesting a quote from the RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com homepage (form on the right side) and they'll get you a quote and answer any questions you may have about the process.

10 hours ago, DocLC said:

There are still many events that you can participate in; however, there are additional perks/events for booking with the group. Remember that there is an associated cost for some of these events, which is presumably paid in part by the commission paid to the travel agency by the cruise line. In addition, MEI Travel supports the blog as an advertiser. 

Kris is correct.  You don't have to book with MEI.  I fully recognize that some folks have their own TAs that they love, and I absolutely want these group cruises to be as inclusive as possible.  If it's the difference between not booking with MEI or not going at all, I want you to not book with MEI.

That being said, the more folks who book with MEI, the more "power" we have with RC to get fun and exciting events included. 

I'm more than happy to discuss this at length, because I try to be crystal clear with everything I do.  Feel free to respond here or send me an email at [email protected] and I can explain it all (except why Billy is the way he is).

9 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Ok I have to ask and I hope you don't think I'm being to nosy, Billy, "monorailmedic"?  I am a Firefighter/Paramedic here in South Florida so I am trying to figure out that name.

I used to be a firemedic.  I worked for Homestead Miami Speedway Fire, I was a manager for an ambulance company, taught protocol classes...now I'm an IT Product Manager.  Logically ;-)  I miss it at times, other times not so much - sleeping all night is pretty cool.

The monorail part is just a reference to Disney.  It's an old screen name, but it stuck.

12 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

I used to be a firemedic.  I worked for Homestead Miami Speedway Fire, I was a manager for an ambulance company, taught protocol classes...now I'm an IT Product Manager.  Logically ;-)  I miss it at times, other times not so much - sleeping all night is pretty cool.

The monorail part is just a reference to Disney.  It's an old screen name, but it stuck.

I'll see your fire medic / ambulance manager turned IT manager and raise you one cancer researcher turned software architect. ;)