Mariner OTS - Owner's Suite on the Deck 10

Howdy all, hoping someone here can lend me a hand. The family and I are going on Mariner OTS in a few months. The wife and I decided to spring for the Owner’s Suite since we’ll be celebrating my 50th birthday. We’ve already got the cabin number assigned – 1600, but as I was looking at the deck plans it’s on the 10th floor – right below the pool deck. Having been on Enchantment OTS a few months back, we were below the pool deck there and constantly heard running, crew members moving lounge chairs around and so forth. Given what we're paying, that's not something I really want to experience again. It wasn't totally intolerable, but if simply moving rooms/decks can alleviate that - I figured it's worth it.

So, my question is:
A.    Am I overreacting? I’m sure someone reading this has stayed on the 10th floor of this ship (or another in its class). Is noise from above a problem?
B.    We’ve got time to move our room, I’m sure. If the consensus is that we should relocate, any suggestions as to where (preferably keeping our Owner’s Suite)?

Hopefully I’m not blowing this out of proportion, but that’s what the point of these boards are for, right?

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

You will be hearing noice from dragging chairs being under the pool deck once again. For me, if I’m spending that kind of money on an OS, the last thing I want is to be awakened every morning by that sound.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Glad I asked. I'll see about moving to a lower floor. Thank you for the input!

11 minutes ago, foulmouthedleon said:

OK, well...after looking at the different decks of the ship it appears that there are only 6-7 Owner's Suites on the ship. I did find a Grand Suite on Deck 9 though it's at the back of the ship. What are the differences between and Owner's Suite and a Grand Suite? Which one costs more?

Owners suite are more expensive. Grand Suite aft are nice. Not sure though if the super structure gives you obstructed view. What’s the cabin number? 

I did an Owner's Suite (1292) on Voyager of the seas a few weeks ago. The dragging of the deck chairs at around 5-6 AM was extremely annoying for both my wife and I. We even sleep with a white noise machine going, so they weren't even trying to be quiet about it. 

I know there are some differences between the first gen and second gen of the Voyager class, but I don't know if any of that includes additional sound proofing between deck 10 rooms and the pool deck. 

Personally, I'd go with the aft Grand Suite. 

More I think about it, I might just switch the room to a Jr. Suite. I told my wife about all this and evidently my parents and brother/sister-in-law did the Owner’s Suite for my birthday, but I’m not going to be in a deck below the pool. 

Are there any other benefits to a Grand/Owner’s Suite other than a bigger room? Do you get free internet? Complimentary drink and/or dining package?

I guess what I’m asking is, what’s the allure (pardon the pun) of having one of these larger suite rooms? It’s only a 3 day cruise - the longer I think about it, it seems like a waste of money to me?

Main benefit you get by going to the Grand Suite over Jr. Suite is you get access to the Concierge to help with reservations and other guest services and Suite/Concierge Lounge on the ship which usually has at least a happy hour with free drinks. The grand suite and above also includes priority disembarkation. The Concierge can also make dining arrangements for you (usually) a week ahead of time if you get a dining package. On a 3 day cruise, I think a GS or OS is a tough sell, but that is just my opinion. 

IMO the biggest feature of an OS over a GS is the fact that the OS has a dining table and chairs inside and on the balcony where the GS has no dining space inside.  If you’re planning on dining in your suite to any extent, the OS is way more convenient for that.  ….oh, and the OS will have a bidet and a separate walk-in shower.

26 minutes ago, foulmouthedleon said:

Gotcha. I just have to believe that because all of these Owner's Suites are on the same deck, noise couldn't/shouldn't be an issue (i.e. why put the folks who are paying the most and then subject them to pool deck noise?). Then again, logic and cruise ships don't often go hand in hand.

I think this is at least part of the reason why Oasis, Quantum, and now Icon class ships don't really have many suites under the pool deck, and the higher tier suites nowhere near the pool deck.