Three Night Dining Package and Surcharges Odyssey of the Seas

bonfellow

We booked the 3 night dining package and it looks like the ship has 6 specialty restaurants. Chops, Wonderland, Giovanni's, Solarium Bistro, Teppanyaki and Izumi. According to their description below it appears if we book any of the restaurants listed below there will be an additional surcharge. So does that mean that the three restaurants that are included with no extra charges are Chops, Giovanni's and Solarium Bistro?  I'm seeing conflicting info on Solarium Bistro on whether it's a la cart with fees or included as well. Thanks in advance.

What's Included: Dinner at three specialty dining venues.

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit. 

For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

You pretty much have it; those three do not have an additional charge (unless you order something like lobster). There is no fee for the Solarium Bistro, anyone can go there without paying, just make a reservation. I would prefer to go to the ones without an extra charge. For Izumi, the charge is for the hibachi, otherwise, it is a la carte and you get to spend $20 before you are charged for anything extra. 

3 hours ago, bonfellow said:

Thank you. Do you know which restaurant this is referencing?  and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge".  I've seen references to Wonderland Dadong on google searches which is causing confusion with the name and it being referenced in the surcharge description. Thanks again.

Dadong is a specialty restaurant only offered on Spectrum I believe -- one in the Asian market.

• 2 weeks later...

If I just do a Teppanyaki cruise planner purchase by itself and not as a 3-night package, is there no $10 surcharge then? And Is everything on the menu included? Because the menu has pricing for appetizers but I assume that is just if you did a "walk in" and didn't buy as a cruise planner purchase? 

If I did include Teppanyaki as a 3 night dining- does the cruise planner go ahead and add the surcharge? Or do I have to wait and pay that extra $10 when we are on board? Silly questions I'm sure, first time with cruise planner credit and I'm carefully trying to plan 🙂

1 hour ago, CruzOnBye said:

If I just do a Teppanyaki cruise planner purchase by itself and not as a 3-night package, is there no $10 surcharge then? And Is everything on the menu included? Because the menu has pricing for appetizers but I assume that is just if you did a "walk in" and didn't buy as a cruise planner purchase? 

If I did include Teppanyaki as a 3 night dining- does the cruise planner go ahead and add the surcharge? Or do I have to wait and pay that extra $10 when we are on board? Silly questions I'm sure, first time with cruise planner credit and I'm carefully trying to plan 🙂

If you reserve Teppanyaki on its own through cruise planner, there is no surcharge because you are paying full price.

If you buy a 3 night dining package, you can't reserve the restaurants until you are on board, so there is no way for the cruise planner to know whether you will eat at Teppanyaki.  The $10 surcharge would therefore be on your bill at the end of the meal.  The surcharge exists because Teppanyaki is more expensive than the average specialty restaurant and the dining packages are based on the average price of the specialty restaurants.

20 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

If you reserve Teppanyaki on its own through cruise planner, there is no surcharge because you are paying full price.

If you buy a 3 night dining package, you can't reserve the restaurants until you are on board, so there is no way for the cruise planner to know whether you will eat at Teppanyaki.  The $10 surcharge would therefore be on your bill at the end of the meal.  The surcharge exists because Teppanyaki is more expensive than the average specialty restaurant and the dining packages are based on the average price of the specialty restaurants.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful. Guess you convinced me....back to the planner I go.

• 1 year later...

First time cruiser on Anthem of the Sea I do not think it is fair that with a dinning package you have to wait to get on the ship to  make reservations because you pay up front I got on board and just about everything was booked or I had to take leftovers and what ever time they gave me so what is the point they take the money people first and it is not fair they should not have a dinning package if that is the case

7 hours ago, Michelle Purnell said:

First time cruiser on Anthem of the Sea I do not think it is fair that with a dinning package you have to wait to get on the ship to  make reservations because you pay up front I got on board and just about everything was booked or I had to take leftovers and what ever time they gave me so what is the point they take the money people first and it is not fair they should not have a dinning package if that is the case

Well, you are getting a discount, so that's been the trade off.  But starting sometime early 2024 this will change, and people with dining packages will be able to make reservations before getting on board.  So, it'll get better.

11 hours ago, Michelle Purnell said:

You could have paid full price and made your reservations right away.  That was the deal - lower price but wait to make reservations.