MDR lunch on sea days

FManke

What kind of menu for lunch?  Does it reflect a scaled down version of dinner?  Or is it a few items from the WJ served elegantly?

Completely different menu for lunch, and I often find some great items on there. In my experience, there can be some overlap with WJ, but it's not total.

Just like breakfast, the reason to dine in the MDR for lunch is for something a bit more refined.

Also, lunch in the MDR has arguably the best salad station ever: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/05/22/royal-caribbean-classic-tutti-salad-bar

Love, love, love the MDR for lunch. On a Northern Europe cruise, they had bangers and mash that was fantastic. On a Baltics cruise, they had a steak sandwich that was to due for with a perfectly toasted brioche roll. I also like being served and the made to order said bar is a nice touch.

The only wait I've noticed is right at opening times.

Does the MDR get very busy for lunch on sea days? I think I read they are only open for like an hour and a half? I have read the Tutti bar is worth it though.

Remind me to read these posts slooooowly before I process what I think I've just read....

:wacko:

Completely different menu for lunch, and I often find some great items on there. In my experience, there can be some overlap with WJ, but it's not total.

Just like breakfast, the reason to dine in the MDR for lunch is for something a bit more refined.

Also, lunch in the MDR has arguably the best salad station ever: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/05/22/royal-caribbean-classic-tutti-salad-bar

The salad bar does look fantastic! I can't wait! Since there will only be two seas days on our cruise, we plan on doing a MDR lunch both days.

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE the tutti salad....rarely even order off the menu, we just get that!  Last year on LOS they had a sushi bar one day -- glad we got there early.  It was delicious, but the line was to the door when we left.  That was really the only day we ever saw a line; it took time to work through the queue.

LOVE the tutti salad....rarely even order off the menu, we just get that!  Last year on LOS they had a sushi bar one day -- glad we got there early.  It was delicious, but the line was to the door when we left.  That was really the only day we ever saw a line; it took time to work through the queue.

The salads do look great and I can understand about the sushi. If it's included, it's going to be popular.

I was on Harmony the week of March 4 this year.  I have attached a photo of the lunch menu from one day that I ate in the Main Dining Room.  They also had much more on the buffet than I had seen on previous ships.  There was a station with a build-your-own stir-fry and many prepared meats and side items.

A stir-fry station sounds pretty good. I've only heard mention of a build-your-own pasta station before.