Ordering Birthday cake during cruise

Brandis

Someone in our group is celebrating his birthday during our TA cruise on Wonder of the Seas. 

I checked out the Celebrations page on RCLs website, where you can order room decorations, sweets etc. They have a nice looking birthday cakes. But looking at the order page, it seems they deliver all of those things on boarding day only. If we get him a cake, we would like to have it delivered on the actual day of his birthday.

However, seeing that they have all those nice desserts on the menu anyways, I'm not even sure we would like to eat a cake instead. Also not sure, how good it actually might be.

On his birthday, I booked Izumi Hibachi. If we let the restaurant manager know before that someone in our group is celebrating his birthday, do you think they might arrange something special, like just a slice of cake for him or something like that? 

My sister ordered the chocolate birthday cake online for my birthday cruise on Odyssey in September.  It was in my cabin day 1 of the cruise (my birthday was day 2).  It was the best chocolate cake.  It was so moist and fudgy so good.  I was eating a little bit every afternoon and late night.  Unfortunately our cabin steward took the cake away the morning of day 4.  I was so upset!

20220911_123618922_iOS.jpg

Go to guest services once you're on board and order a cake. They'll even put a name on there if you like. You can set up the delivery for anytime you want, rather than pre-booking and having it on boarding day. Last time we did this it was about $25 for the cake and they left it in our room at the designated time. Worked out great. 

F6F529DE-705D-4E31-AC16-C5E5C98CDDFC.thumb.jpeg.5c0289aaf85a3a3b971d789c01ee7267.jpeg

Yes, the cake does get delivered the first day of the sailing. I don’t remember there being a way to select a different day. I recommend you kick off the trip with a cake and speak to the host of the speciality restaurant for cake on the actual day.

As you can see, I also recommend the chocolate strawberries !!!!