Why not?

bpriest

Hey I'm new here but have been on my fair share of Royal Caribbean Cruises. I live in Connecticut and have a general question, I'm currently booked on the Anthem of the Seas but it occured to me why doesn't RCCL have Oasis class ships out of New England (New Jersey, Baltimore, Boston)? I ask this because they have 4 now seems alittle repetative to have all 4 out of Florida, espiecally with NCL having the Breakaway out of NYC which has some similar ammenities and action/adventure as Oasis class ships. 

Just a thought.

True, what about just New Jersey I mean they have the Anthem there.

To reach Cape Liberty, the ship has to clear the Verrazano Bridge. Anthem manages it with only 16 inches of clearance, so there's no way an Oasis class ship, which is larger, could ever fit.

And as already noted, the O class does seem to be designed for warmer climates, especially spaces like Central Park that may not hold up well in a late September or early October frost.

In my opinion, the answer to "Why doesn't RC sail out of _____" is almost always because they can make more money sailing out of somewhere else.  There can be other mitigating reasons too, but RC has made it quite clear they are a business and are operating to make as large a profit for their shareholders as possible.

RC does offer cruises year-round from Baltimore and NYC, as well as seasonally from Boston.

To reach Cape Liberty, the ship has to clear the Verrazano Bridge. Anthem manages it with only 16 inches of clearance, so there's no way an Oasis class ship, which is larger, could ever fit.

And as already noted, the O class does seem to be designed for warmer climates, especially spaces like Central Park that may not hold up well in a late September or early October frost.

Wow.  Just 16 inches.  That's crazy.  That must be a highest of the high tide measurement?