Drinking in port at 18?

Bowen

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you take an independent excursion then the local drinking age applies. 

Often Royal excursions that include alcohol come with the notation that the drinking age follows the ship on the Royal excursion.  

How can that really be enforced though since sponsored excursions are still 3rd party companies.

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

How can that really be enforced though since sponsored excursions are still 3rd party companies.

By threatening to terminate that vendor if they break the policy.  

For example, a sailboat excursion that includes rum punch on the sailboat.  All it would take is one parent complaining their "child" got drunk on the excursion.  "Karens" are everywhere, even on cruise ship excursions.  

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

From what I understand, the tour companies that partner with Royal have to meet a certain level and abide by certain rules and expectations. I get the impression that it's hard to get in but easy to get kicked out. So I would imagine the tour operators, for the sake of their companies and pay, would not circumvent the drinking age just for the fun of it.

On the same note, however, if the excursion is a tour that happens to stop at a place that sells or serves alcohol...I don't know that it's on them as much to enforce it. may end up being a per-person experience.

In March we went went on two different excursions that where booked through Royal while in Nassau with my 19 and 20 year old. My daughter and I went to Blue Lagoon and she was able to order a drink after she showed her ID.  My husband and son went on a tour that offered a open bar and they allowed him alcohol as well. They both were not allowed to drink while on the boat or at Coco Cay.  I’m sure each place is a little different but that was our experience.