double points

dustfsu

So I will be going on the Allure soon and have my own cabin.  I heard Matt talk about getting double points when cruising solo.  So I called Royal Caribbean to ask for this sailing and she looked up my reservation and said that you can't be in a studio, which I'm in a CP balcony.  She also said it has to be booked as a solo, but when she looked said someone was booked in my room and then removed, which is not the case.  I am linked with others on my reservation for my cruise, so maybe that's what she is seeing.  Do you think when I get on board should I ask again?

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Call and ask for a invoice to be emailed to you.

If the invoice only lists one person on that booking in a CP balcony then you are eligible for the extra point per night.  

I have the original invoice from the travel agent.  Should I bring that?

11 minutes ago, dustfsu said:

I have the original invoice from the travel agent.  Should I bring that?

No need to bring it.  Points post 7-10 days after the cruise.  If they are not posted with the extra point per night then call C&A ‭(800) 526-9723‬.

As a frequent solo cruiser sometimes they don't post as double.  It happens, don't read anything into that, just call and speak with the C&A team and they can correct it.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

No need to bring it.  Points post 7-10 days after the cruise.  If they are not posted with the extra point per night then call C&A ‭(800) 526-9723‬.

As a frequent solo cruiser sometimes they don't post as double.  It happens, don't read anything into that, just call and speak with the C&A team and they can correct it.

Thanks so much

4 hours ago, twangster said:

You get double points for cruising solo? I think I only got that when upgraded to a suite. Unfortunately, I doubt I will get it now since am in a solo balcony for next cruise. I have not cruised in four years thanks to buying my first home and COVID, so I could be getting this wrong! 

33 minutes ago, foulmouthedleon said:

I think you get double points for cruising solo as you pay double for the room (double occupancy), so logic would dictate that if you pay 2x for the room, you'd get 2x the points.

It would be logical, but logic is not always used in business. I would love double points when I travel solo! It has been four years, so I may not be remembering correctly if I got them or not. I am bummed now that I got the solo balcony and no double points! Well, not fully bummed if it saved me some money, but still bummed. 

If you're booked in a solo studio, you only get one point a night because there's no solo supplement. When you're booking, look at the description and see how many people can be in the room. If it's just one, it's a studio and you won't get double points. But you may get a great price.

You can check your past bookings in your account. There's a tab called Upcoming cruises that it defaults to, but there's another tab with Past cruises. Click that tab and you can review all your past cruises (canceled or successfully cruised) and see how many points you received for each. 

20 minutes ago, SuzanneM said:

If you're booked in a solo studio, you only get one point a night because there's no solo supplement. When you're booking, look at the description and see how many people can be in the room. If it's just one, it's a studio and you won't get double points. But you may get a great price.

You can check your past bookings in your account. There's a tab called Upcoming cruises that it defaults to, but there's another tab with Past cruises. Click that tab and you can review all your past cruises (canceled or successfully cruised) and see how many points you received for each. 

That’s right! I forgot I could check out past points, thanks!! For a balcony, I suppose I got a better price, but double points would be worth an extra hundred or more. But, was excited about it! 

1 hour ago, Adriana said:

You get double points for cruising solo? I think I only got that when upgraded to a suite. Unfortunately, I doubt I will get it now since am in a solo balcony for next cruise. I have not cruised in four years thanks to buying my first home and COVID, so I could be getting this wrong! 

In addition to an extra point per night for solo in a double occupancy cabin, solo gets another extra point per night when in a suite.  

1 point per night - studio cabin

2 points per night - solo in a double occupancy cabin

3 points per night - solo in a suite, JS or higher.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

In addition to an extra point per night for solo in a double occupancy cabin, solo gets another extra point per night when in a suite.  

1 point per night - studio cabin

2 points per night - solo in a double occupancy cabin

3 points per night - solo in a suite, JS or higher.

Thank you! Yup, that is what happened in the past, checked what SuzanneM said and got those points. I went back to see how much a balcony would be for just me and get the double points, but we’re sold out. Interestingly enough, I still got an email about RoyalUp even though all balconies are sold. 

15 minutes ago, Adriana said:

Thank you! Yup, that is what happened in the past, checked what SuzanneM said and got those points. I went back to see how much a balcony would be for just me and get the double points, but we’re sold out. Interestingly enough, I still got an email about RoyalUp even though all balconies are sold. 

They may have balcony guests who place a RoyalUp bid and are moved to a suite. Then there will be a free balcony for another RoyalUp bidder.

20 hours ago, twangster said:

I just found it strange that the agent told me it shows someone was booked in your cabin and then canceled, because that is untrue.  Unless someone is coming as a "surprise" that I don't know about and that's what she had in notes to say to me

16 minutes ago, dustfsu said:

I just found it strange that the agent told me it shows someone was booked in your cabin and then canceled, because that is untrue.  Unless someone is coming as a "surprise" that I don't know about and that's what she had in notes to say to me

Yeah, that's super weird. If it weren't canceled, I'd say go to the cruise planner and try to add a drink package for them to see who they are. 

Maybe a mess-up on their end? 

12 minutes ago, dustfsu said:

A contact center at any company tends to have pretty high turnover.  Good help is truly hard to find and these are often not very high paying jobs so you could imagine the types of staffing issues that contact center managers have to deal with.  

With respect to issues related to the Crown and Anchor Society the main phone number is pretty useless.  The phone agents on the main phone number are primarily there to deal with cruise bookings and cruise planner sales. 

For any issues related to C&A you need to call the C&A team and only the C&A team.  ‭(800) 526-9723‬

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

A contact center at any company tends to have pretty high turnover.  Good help is truly hard to find and these are often not very high paying jobs so you could imagine the types of staffing issues that contact center managers have to deal with.  

With respect to issues related to the Crown and Anchor Society the main phone number is pretty useless.  The phone agents on the main phone number are primarily there to deal with cruise bookings and cruise planner sales. 

For any issues related to C&A you need to call the C&A team and only the C&A team.  ‭(800) 526-9723‬

That is the number I called that I got from my TA.  And they said someone was booked into my cabin and then cancelled.  I confirmed with my TA and she said that is not true, so wondering why they told me that.  I will go and ask when I board in 12 days to see what they tell me.  I am trying to get to Diamond before my Alaska cruise next year 🙂