Jump to content

Royal Up After Option


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Ja-sun said:

Has anybody ever asked to see if there were any upgrades the day of check in? Like if maybe there was a suite nobody ever upgraded to, and if you did, what were the results?

It happens all the time. In fact, I am sailing today & still may be upgraded at the port based on the email I received from Royal up from OS to RS. This has been the case a couple times where we get into our stateroom and I receive an email that the Royal up is accepted and my sail & sign card has been charged. They send you to guest services to get a new key. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

It happens all the time. In fact, I am sailing today & still may be upgraded at the port based on the email I received from Royal up from OS to RS. This has been the case a couple times where we get into our stateroom and I receive an email that the Royal up is accepted and my sail & sign card has been charged. They send you to guest services to get a new key. 

But I wonder if I ask for an upgrade at the check in counter if they would give it to me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ja-sun said:

I wonder if I ask for an upgrade at the check in counter if they would give it to me?

They probably will not "give" it to you. You may be able to pay for an upgrade. Usually, the Customer Service people are swamped on the first day. I have even seen signs posted that no upgrades are available. Saying that - you never know. One video suggested asking for an upgrade on the second day of a cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ja-sun said:

But I wonder if I ask for an upgrade at the check in counter if they would give it to me?

My sister has been upgraded but she is high up on the special list...halfway to pinnacle. I on the other hand, am only a little bit special as diamond, close to plus after this and the next cruise, and even offering to pay. It didn't even work when ships weren't very full on covid return. Always balcony and sometimes js so that didn't help.

That said...if you don't ask you won't get it so why not try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ja-sun said:

But I wonder if I ask for an upgrade at the check in counter if they would give it to me?

On our last group cruise one of the group members went to Guest Services and asked about upgrading and they told him they would put him on a list. They did upgrade him and he moved into a new cabin the second day of the cruise.  So it does happen and it is possible. No harm in asking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...