Final Payment Question

Good Morning gang,

As a lurker, thank you for everyone's insight.  It's much appreciated from lurking newbies. 

During final payment, are we allowed to break the large amount into smaller payments from multiple sources?  We have a largish payment due, and would like to split payments amongst a couple of credit cards to hit our rewards thresholds.  Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just rounding back to confirm that Sprang and KristiZ were spot on. We broke up the final payment to two cards and met the spending requirements.  I'm not sure how many cards were the limit, but at least facially, it didn't have a limit regarding the number of cards.  Appreciate everyone's input.

First time we did Star Class before Covid we used 4 different cards, as long as the cruise is paid for I don't think RC cares about how many payments are used as long as everything balances out.

Recently we have been using a TA and we are now paying monthly on up coming trips so we don't get "hit" with a massive payment at the 90 mark.  This really helps us to  keep on cruising....

I have a trip I am paying for with my wife and kids during spring break in March.  I booked with RC directly on this cruise and I have broken the payments down so I could pay them all with my AMEX card and get the travel insurance, points, and benefits that come with using the card.  I do this all online on RC's website and just specify my payment amount each time.  Defiantly a little more work than if I had used a different card with a higher limit or just paid with my debit card (I have the cash as this was a planned vacation), but well worth it in the long run for me because of the card benefits.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone had this issue. Balance was due on 6/5/2023 had 2 cabins booked so got separate reservation numbers. Paid balance in full on 6/5 monies came out of account, yesterday discovered that 1 cabin has been cancelled by RC as they claim payment hasn’t gone through. Phoned bank and informed all payments have left my account. RC wont do anything about cancelled cabin and say nothing they can do, now only have 1 cabin for a family of 5. Stuck what to do as RC wont entertain helping to resolve