Boarding Time Fleibilty

CaliGu

Hi all!  We are on the Odyssey of the Seas cruise departing Rome this Sunday, 8/7/22. I didn’t realize that checking in early got us an earlier boarding time.  We have a boarding time of 1:30pm but I wanted to board earlier.  Our shuttle is dropping us off around 10:30a. In your experience, will we be able to board earlier? We have cruised since pre-pandemic so all my ignorance but hoping RC is flexible… 🤪

thanks! 

lisa

You will get answers both ways.  Some say yes you can get on earlier.  Others will say you will be made to wait for your scheduled time.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  Depends on how busy they are when you arrive, whether the people on duty that day are sticklers for the rules, what they had for breakfast.  Show up, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Our experience in the US is that they process you in the terminal, but then you wait.  I would plan on some waiting.  I would be tempted to see more of Rome and arrive 12:30ish after the "backlog" of early folks had boarded.  Have a great trip!

I'm one of those that believes you should board at the time you have reserved which is 1:30.  Sure you wanted an earlier boarding time...so do lots of other passengers!  But your boarding time is what it is and that is when you should arrive to board.  If 100 (or more) other passengers who have the 1:30 boarding time all show up at 10:30 like you...that takes away from the actual passengers who rightfully checked in and received the 10:30 boarding spot. 

Yes... I am someone who has always followed the rules.  Perhaps I am in the minority??