Solo points with a no show

Hey gang, first post, long time lurker though. Just want to say this forum is incredibly helpful for us newbies.

I'll be going on a 2nd cruise soon, room booked for 2 people. I'm expecting the other person to not be able to go, and I'll probably just show up to the port myself instead of cancelling the other person at this point.

With this approach, will I get 2 points per night as I'll still be paying for 2 people, or just 1 point?

8 hours ago, mistertomatohead said:

Does it depend on what you paid? What happens to the cabin fare if you get a partial no show? Do you lose out on a promo that required two people?

With a no show the port fees and taxes are refunded for the guest that doesn't sail.  That's it.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

With a no show the port fees and taxes are refunded for the guest that doesn't sail.  That's it.  

I would guess that this is to prevent someone trying to work around the solo traveler supplement. If they refunded the 

second persons fare, what would prevent a single from making a "phony" double booking and claiming a no show give me that portion back.

Not that anyone on this board would consider doing that...🤔🤣

I had this exact experience in Nov.  I was told by the onboard Loyalty Ambassador that I wasn't eligible for solo double points.  She even called corporate to try and get a workaround or at least verify there wasn't anything she could do.

2 weeks later when my points posted, double points for solo... (technically quadruple because double points promo was in effect as well).  Taxes and port fees for the no show were refunded.

• 6 months later...