Jump to content

Travel Iron


Recommended Posts

Hello. I am travelling on the Odyssey of the seas in a few weeks time.  Does anyone know if a Travel Iron is allowed.  

Also what sort of electric sockets are on the ships? Are they all US type or European type?  

Thank you for any replies. 

Regards

Dude

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Though they vary by ship class on how many of each and the location of each

Exactly, every ship I've been on, both Brand X and Royal, has both.  It's just a matter of how many of each.  

NO TRAVEL IRONS ALLOWED.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the others have said no irons are allowed period. It's not a matter of electrical draw or space or greed it's a matter of a potential fire hazard.

I would recommend Downy Wrinkle Release spray (which comes in travel size). I've not yet met a fabric it doesn't work on and it leaves the clothes smelling nice too.

Second option is to use the steam of your showers to loosen up wrinkles but I find this works best if the clothes are in the shower which is risky if you're washing up at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you all for your informative replies.  

Does anyone know if there is an Iron room available on the Odyssey of the seas? I've heard from a friend tbat some ships provide such facilities. 

Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dude said:

Thank you all for your informative replies.  

Does anyone know if there is an Iron room available on the Odyssey of the seas? I've heard from a friend tbat some ships provide such facilities. 

Thanks. 

Royal as a cruise line doesn't have self-service laundry services (iron room falling into that category by my definition). Instead they do offer pressing for an additional cost.

Here is the laundry item pricing list. Pressing is the second column.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/laundry-service-price-list.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 8:37 AM, CrimsonCruiser said:

I would recommend Downy Wrinkle Release spray (which comes in travel size). I've not yet met a fabric it doesn't work on and it leaves the clothes smelling nice too.

Haha! I would say the opposite - that I haven't found a fabric it actually works on yet!! Unfortunately all my tropical vacation wear is rayon or other cheap, flowy fabrics, I am guessing it does work well on cotton? I have a suite on Celestyal next month that comes with free clothes pressing and I will be so happy to leave the Downy behind. hahah can attest to the good smell, though!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DDaley said:

Haha! I would say the opposite - that I haven't found a fabric it actually works on yet!! Unfortunately all my tropical vacation wear is rayon or other cheap, flowy fabrics, I am guessing it does work well on cotton? I have a suite on Celestyal next month that comes with free clothes pressing and I will be so happy to leave the Downy behind. hahah can attest to the good smell, though!  

you know...it probably is best for cotton or polyester...i don't have much more than that in my closet now that I think about it. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...