Will CWC be extended if vaccines are still required?

In January, our family booked 7 cabins on Explorer for March 2023. Nobody knows when vaccine requirements will end. Protocols have changed quite a few times since the restart. My husband and I have been on 4 cruises since Oct 2021 with 3 different sets of protocols. Out of the 14 of us, 3 are not vaccinated and will not get the vaccine. Final payment is the end of December. If 2 of the rooms cancel before final payment, they will lose their deposits. If they wait after final payment, they will lose a % of the cruise. Hate to see them cancel and the vaccine requirement ends and they miss out on our family vacation or have to rebook at a much higher price. If they wait to see if things change, they will lose out on their whole cruise fare. Not possible to reschedule, as this was the only time of the year we were all able to go. Currently CWC ends the end of September but has been extended multiple times also. Wish I had a crystal ball! Can anyone see into the future?

CWC hasn't been extended and if it was, they would have done it before it ran out in March. With capacity and other offering back up, there is no reason to roll that program back out again. That being said CWC wouldn't really apply with the non-vaxxed members of your group. If vax is still required in 2023, I believe it will be, then those in your party could/would be able to get a refund. Protocols have only been released until Sept, if/when they are released for 2023, those who aren't vax should be able to get a full refund. 

They will be able to get full cash refunds if the vax requirements are still in effect and they are not vaccinated.  That’s the good news.  The bad news is they will most likely have to go forward with final payment until the vax protocols are released for the dates covering the cruise.

To be clear, Cruise with Confidence has ended and will not be extended. So we already know how that will play out.

At this point, there's no ambiguity with the protocols or expectations of what they will be. You should assume the protocols today will be the protocols for your cruise in December, next April, 2024, etc. Until Royal Caribbean announces a change, it's the best practical approach given the end of CwC.

You could certainly book refundable cruise fares and then make a decision prior to final payment date without any penalties for cancelling.