2019 Caribbean Bookings

MKSglitz

I am a C&A Diamond Plus member and I do the get emails announcing the first day of bookings. But it seems that regardless of when I go onto the computer first thing in the morning, I am unable to get the room that I most wanted. It's already been booked!  Can't figure out how that is happening.  Any suggests would be greatly appreciated.

Would a TA know about the release dates ahead of time?

They would certainly be the most clued-in because RC informs them of the schedule closer to the actual date. If you really want to jump on a sailing on day 1, I'd advise working with a TA ahead of time.

I have often wondered about the same thing MKSglitz. Why are so many cabins gone so fast? Do they pre-sell off blocks to preferred travel agencies first? Are people just that much faster at booking than me? I have found myself with my "other choice" of cabins a few times because what I wanted originally is gone.

I have yet to be disappointed with the cabin I got so not really complaining just wondering how this works really..........

Guest toodle68

Same..  I was looking at cruises 15 months ahead and there was nothing above the 7th deck available.. and the RC website showed only a handful of cabins on the 6th and 7th decks. I am just curious how the system works.

Prior to our last cruise, we searched for hours on the RC website for 2 cabins near each other and could not find anything we wanted.

We went to the booking place during our cruise and he pulled up a JS and Interior cabin with pull down bed across from each other on deck 10 in less than a minute..

I don't know if the RC website is design specifically to limit what cabins they show or if it is just a bad website.. but when I came across cruise.com, I loved that I could see all the different categories of rooms and switch between decks etc so easily.  I will be using that website in the future to at least find the cabin I want.. and then use RC to try to locate and book it. 

The savings for me it's being able to get an inside triple, which are the cheapest cabins. There aren't many, so if you don't book early your only option is to go ocean view or higher, which I don't necessarily need on a port intensive itinerary.

For example, I booked an Italy/Greece cruise for July 2018 on Celebrity a couple a months ago when the bookings opened. Now, there are no insides and the cheapest category available is $1500 more for the same 10 night cruise.

The savings for me it's being able to get an inside triple, which are the cheapest cabins. There aren't many, so if you don't book early your only option is to go ocean view or higher, which I don't necessarily need on a port intensive itinerary.

For example, I booked an Italy/Greece cruise for July 2018 on Celebrity a couple a months ago when the bookings opened. Now, there are no insides and the cheapest category available is $1500 more for the same 10 night cruise.

Out of curiosity, why an inside triple (sleeps 3, I assume), rather than two inside doubles (one for you and your wife, one for your son)? Given Matt's comments about how much better it is to have the child(ren) in a separate cabin for both space and privacy / sleep schedule reasons, it would be interesting to hear the opposing viewpoint. :)

Out of curiosity, why an inside triple (sleeps 3, I assume), rather than two inside doubles (one for you and your wife, one for your son)? Given Matt's comments about how much better it is to have the child(ren) in a separate cabin for both space and privacy / sleep schedule reasons, it would be interesting to hear the opposing viewpoint. :)

I'd rather cruise twice as much. In addition, the third person is heavily discounted compared to the first two. If we went with a second cabin, we'd have to pay full fare for two people.

I did consider this for our upcoming MSC Seaside cruise and figured we'd just take out nieces with us, but it would have been almost $4000, which is what I'm paying for a 12 night British Isles cruise for 3.

I guess I'm just being frugal. It's the same reason I fly economy versus spend the extra $300 x3 for premium economy when flying international.