Floating Cabanas at CocoCay

Hi Folks,

We are looking to book a last minute cruise in July and wanted to book a sailing that stops at CocoCay. We stopped there in 2019 on Harmony and it was fantastic. We'd like to possibly book an over the water cabana this time if the price is "reasonable". Is there any way to tell if the cabanas are sold out on particular sailings?  We aren't locked into a specific sailing so the cabana availability may influence the booking.

Thank you!

Just an FYI --------  Those cabanas do look wonderful ........... but ............. a few months ago they were listed at $1699 for our October cruise on the Symphony, but have gone up to $1899.    Not within our budget.   Hope you find something that works for you.

19 hours ago, WakeViewForTheWin said:

Hi Folks,

We are looking to book a last minute cruise in July and wanted to book a sailing that stops at CocoCay. We stopped there in 2019 on Harmony and it was fantastic. We'd like to possibly book an over the water cabana this time if the price is "reasonable". Is there any way to tell if the cabanas are sold out on particular sailings?  We aren't locked into a specific sailing so the cabana availability may influence the booking.

Thank you!

We are on 31 July Harmony & the price is the same as our Mariner above. I mean I am so happy for those who can fork over that much for a cabana, but for us that is a quick weekend sailing from a port we can drive to. To be perfectly frank with my motion sensitivity not sure I would be comfortable on the floating one anyway, but for those that do and can....enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Surviving the last two years and then putting Jason Liberty at the helm (a numbers guy) & the stock price in free fall I don't think you are going to find a reasonable cabana of any sort. Heck even Bare Foot Beach Labadee the standards start at 999.00 and go up from there. Still, happy to be sailing again. 

Screenshot_20220611-120101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Neesa
updated thought

If South Beach cabanas are still available…they are a nice option.  South Beach is to the right (when facing the water) of CocoaBeach and very quiet.  The price was $699 when we were there in April and you can have 8 people use the cabana.  An attendant keeps your drinks and food coming all day.  We did the CocoaBeach day pass back in November and for me just wasn’t worth paying for.  
Of course my opinion is my opinion so it’s just a suggestion for you.  
Hope you enjoy your day!

My generous in-laws got our extended family of 8 an over the water cabana on Harmony a couple weeks ago. They booked it about a year ago at $1699 or so. Closer to the cruise, when there were only a few left, we saw the $3499 price listed above. Within the final week before the cruise, it "dropped" to $2499.

Value, as with anything financial, is completely relative so no judgment on what anyone thinks is a fair price or too expensive. What I can say is that the experience was AMAZING! Our attendant could not have been friendlier or done his job better. He showed up with extra food before we even asked and even went to the snack shack to get us chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks, and many funnel cakes upon request. Drinks were flowing also and when we ran out of bottled water he showed up with a whole case.

Unlimited lobster and filet mignon were both excellent. I actually enjoyed the coconut crusted lobster sandwich better than the plain lobster.

Multiple seating options, couches in the shade, loungers in the sun, hammock over the water (very relaxing).

Lastly, if you snorkel right off your cabana you will likely see some fish and even a lemon shark (harmless).

If the price and availability work for you, I can't recommend this experience more highly.