Data Plans Off ship

Im sure this must be asked constantly, but I guess Im not using the correct search terms..

What are the best data plans to use off ship? Specifically, I'm looking for 4 days of Data ( maybe a few calls, nothing drastic) while wandering around Rome Before departing for Naples, athens, Turkey and a few greek islands.

I started by looking for Hot spots/mifi routers, then thought maybe a Tmobil plan but I just saw thats quite a few dollars and is only 2g speeds, so I am open to suggestions. I do have an unused iPhone SE I could put a local sim in IF that works and I can figure out what to get.. OR I would prefer but dont know if it would would, use my Current iPhone 12mini and swap sim cards just while on the vaction then swap back, but again what sim to buy-- or back to a hotspot and share it with 3 others in my group?

I'm open to suggestions

Check your provider.  I have AT & T and it costs $10 per day only for the days that I use it.

The rest of my family has Xfinity/Comcast but they charge $10 per day starting the day you activate it (whether you use it or not).  

SIM card/burner phone would be another option.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Who is your cell phone provider?  Many providers in the US have international add-ons so you can keep using your same number while overseas.

On our last cruise when I tuned on my phone in port (Curacao) to text AT&T sent me a txt that said I could activate an international day pass for $10 and use my existing data. Any additional line was $5. Good in 210 countries. I sent a few texts, and it was less than $2 total.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I am thinking about the Orange European Sim Card - I think its a decent price if it works, its says it 4g-5g speeds for $50 good for 14 days (averaging $3.57 a day VS most USA carriers I looked at are $10 a day and only 2g speeds) the current "special" allows up to 30GB data

Has anyone used this sim card?

*For those that asked, I currently use straightalk, they dont offer international.

This last year I switch my cell phone carrier over to T-Mobile 55+ Magenta Max.  It has Unlimited texting & up to 256kbps data in 210+ countries and destinations.  I make sure my phone does Wi-Fi calling, and I get to other countries and just use my phone at no cost.  I also use my cell phone to connect my computer oversees.  The best part is I am getting it for $90 a month for 2 phones.