Looking for the definitive answer on Drink Packages

Jeepgeek

Good Morning all,

I have seen several posts that contradict each other on gratuities and the Drink packages.\

Some state that the gratuities are included, some state not. 

The terms and conditions stated on my Beverage offer is: (I actually read this stuff)(And yes, I tried to get the answer before asking)

Online Beverages reservations for your sailing will be available up until 22-Mar-2017 11:59 PM EDT. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make reservations onboard.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in USD. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

Prices subject to change without notice. Not all selections available on all sailings. Alternate selection of equal value may be substituted.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: *Prices subject to change without notice. Packages cannot be shared and are not transferable. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Upon arriving to the ship, please visit the Beverage display table at the ships Expo, check your Cruise Compass or ask your dining room waiter for more information. Beverage Packages must be pre-reserved a minimum of 2 days before your sail date. If you are within the cut off time, please visit a beverage table on the first day of your cruise to complete your purchase. Please note that orders cannot be modified once they have been purchased. To change an order, you will need to first cancel the existing order and then make a new purchase for your desired beverage package. Gratuity may be added to or included in the published price depending on itinerary. Selections are limited and subject to availability. Valid only for the voyage for which it was purchased and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional programs. No refunds for previous days will be issued.

As of 0617 Central time on the 31st of January, 2017, what is the policy? Do I pay 18% on top of each drink or not? 

Thanks,

Russ

I'm not aware of any cruises where additional gratuities are added (but I don't know about European or Australian sailings, perhaps they are different), but I'm pretty sure there are additional taxes are added when sailing from Galveston and you're not yet out to international waters due to their state law.

I'm sailing in a few weeks and just called RCCL regarding the price of the drink package because the wording is confusing. I was told that the 18% gratuity is NOT included in the $44.00 per day (that's with the 20% discount) charge.  Thus, the package will be $363.00 for a seven-day cruise.

$44.00 per day is 308.  18% is about $55.  Thus totals to $363.  Just got off the ship sunday and the drink package is worth it.  We used it to get water bottles also, which you will need on any excursion.  Just ask for 2 at a time and store them in the room.  Martini,s at one bar was $14 extra and Mai tai,s were $1.00 extra.  If you enjoy adult beverages, the $363 is a good deal to not to have to worry about each drink you buy.  On ship it $454.30.  Buy early and don't sweat the tip, they earn it, just like any restaurant that provides good service, tipping is expected.

The wording indicates that the gratuity is sometimes included in the advertised price and sometimes address at checkout as a separate charge. I've noticed that is been included on my European sailings and sold at a higher price as a result, but added on as a separate fee on my North American sailings. Either way, what you pay for the package covers the gratuities one way or another.

bcarney, looks like you updated your photo?

I did; I got older.  

Actually what happened is I was selected to be a 'consumer expert' at the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival in April, and they needed a headshot and bio.  The old pic was from 2010 or so, so I figured it was time to update my avatar with the new photo.

I did; I got older.  

Actually what happened is I was selected to be a 'consumer expert' at the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival in April, and they needed a headshot and bio.  The old pic was from 2010 or so, so I figured it was time to update my avatar with the new photo.

Getting older.....yeah me too, that happens when you keep eating and breathing.