Drinks Package Refund Time

Hello Everyone,

Long time viewer of this blog but i have never posted on here but i had a question that i can only imagine here is the best place to ask it! I took full advantage of the tip "reserve your drinks package and if a better deal comes up cancel and book again, i did exactly that. Now my question is how long does the refund take to come back through for the package i cancelled? Right now my bank account is looking very sad haha.

Thank you and i hope you all have a wonderful day thinking about your next cruises. 

Jess :)

I changed my sailing so I had to cancel all my cruise planner purchases. 

A couple of weeks passed but not all my refunds were issued so I had to call to see what happened

The rep told me that I had to send an email with a format requesting the refund and want 60 business days!!! That's just crazy. Be careful you receive all your refunds or they will just keep your money until you ask for it, and then you'll have to wait A LOT to get your money back.

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

Reps make it up as they go along!  Did you cancel prior to changing your sailing?  Seems to be a key to getting timely refunds.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Yes. I've just received an email from another rep saying that they haven't refunded that purchase because it was never paid. My CC, bank and myself begs to differ. 

This is just nuts!

I've been having problems making final payment for my June cruise. Seems they can't decide how much I owe because of a cancelled cruise planner purchase that has not been "cleared" properly. I was worried because I'm past final payment date. I did make a payment for what should have been what I owed, but I had also added the prepaid gratuities so it was a four hundred more. They charged my CC, but a two hundred less than it should have been. My TA told me that I'm covered for final payment because I did pay more than what was owed, they are just working through how much of the gratuities I've paid. Meanwhile they refunded that purchase twice in the last week, so I figure I'll be paying one of those back. Please lets not suggest that their IT try to add any more changes to their apps of booking software.

Royal IT is having major problems with Cruise Planner purchases. My entire reservation got canceled and its been determined that it has something to do with Cruise Planner glitches. Keep a very close eye on your sailings, and contact your TA immediately when there are abnormalities.  My TA has been able to get my reservation reinstated and my cruise planner purchases repurchased (at current prices, but Royal gave me $250 OBC, which more than covered the difference).  I may, or may not, have lost my excursions (they're working on getting me back on them but everything is sold out - it is what it is).

Lesson: always use a VERY GOOD travel agent.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, KevinJ said:

I've been having problems making final payment for my June cruise. Seems they can't decide how much I owe because of a cancelled cruise planner purchase that has not been "cleared" properly. I was worried because I'm past final payment date. I did make a payment for what should have been what I owed, but I had also added the prepaid gratuities so it was a four hundred more. They charged my CC, but a two hundred less than it should have been. My TA told me that I'm covered for final payment because I did pay more than what was owed, they are just working through how much of the gratuities I've paid. Meanwhile they refunded that purchase twice in the last week, so I figure I'll be paying one of those back. Please lets not suggest that their IT try to add any more changes to their apps of booking software.

OH MY!!  My story exactly.  I cancelled a specialty dining and RC issued a credit to my credit card and ALSO deducted that refund amount from my cruise invoice.  In the middle of all of this I made final payment for the cruise and their system credited my CC for the dining refund amount as a cruise over payment.  Yet when I looked at my reservation, RC said I had a balance equal to the dining refund amount.  After several months of trying to get this corrected I was assured (YIKES!) the cruise would not be canceled for non-payment of the full balance. I was told the payments received on record equal the correct amount I was expected to pay.  

I was also told an IT ticket had been opened but they could not fix the issue.  I was in IT for 35 years before retirement.  It is not they could not fix the issue.  The IT folks don't know what the bug is so they do not know WHAT to fix!