Boosters and Rome Ports

35 minutes ago, Breezyclimber said:

While they were recommended, this was the first time seeing possibility of it being required to enter select countries, as stated below:
image.thumb.jpeg.3a3f5420bad9f0a3374c9ec350b6a7eb.jpeg

This has actually been up for some considerable time. I've been monitoring it daily because we are due to sail out of Rome on the 7th of May, Royal's first sailing of the season from there.

The problem is that there is no consistency from one European country to another. Each one does its own thing in its own time, resulting in an ever-changing patchwork of rules and regulations. It is absolutely the case that depending on when you completed your vaccination course, some of the European countries are indeed requiring you have a booster to enter.

16 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Boosters currently required to fly into Spain if 270 days past last vaccine dose. Rule will expire April 30th unless renewed. I’m watching this closely as I have a June 5th booking on Wonder.

This is the same for Italy. Last dose of vaccine has to be no more than 270 days. For many Americans, that means a booster is necessary. This was extended to 9 months from 6 months just recently. Let’s hope it get dropped all together. 

By the time I sail out of Rome in October, I’ll be 14 months post vaccination. I’m not thrilled about having to get a booster. I’ll be watching April 30th closely. 

I believe all EU countries have this 270 day rule. I’m traveling to Scotland this summer and the UK has no such requirement 

2 hours ago, Jill said:

This is the same for Italy. Last dose of vaccine has to be no more than 270 days. For many Americans, that means a booster is necessary. This was extended to 9 months from 6 months just recently. Let’s hope it get dropped all together. 

By the time I sail out of Rome in October, I’ll be 14 months post vaccination. I’m not thrilled about having to get a booster. I’ll be watching April 30th closely. 

I believe all EU countries have this 270 day rule. I’m traveling to Scotland this summer and the UK has no such requirement 

I think a couple of them might actually have cut it to 180 days, but not sure which ones. Note, however, that at the current time there is no "expiry" date for the booster.

I was in the UK just last week and you'd think Covid had utterly evaporated. No entry restrictions of any kind and hardly anyone wearing masks anywhere. DH and I actually bailed on the underground one day because it was absolutely packed (can you say sardines?) and virtually nobody had a mask on.

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I think a couple of them might actually have cut it to 180 days, but not sure which ones. Note, however, that at the current time there is no "expiry" date for the booster.

I was in the UK just last week and you'd think Covid had utterly evaporated. No entry restrictions of any kind and hardly anyone wearing masks anywhere. DH and I actually bailed on the underground one day because it was absolutely packed (can you say sardines?) and virtually nobody had a mask on.

I live in Florida which never had any strict Covid regulations. We didn’t fare any worse than those states that completely locked down. It’s just time to move on. It’s endemic at this point.