reservations question - concierge

fa-li

Staying in a suite, do not have UDP

Was just wondering - I know the suite concierge will contact me about a week out, and can make dining reservations for me at that time.  Do those reservations immediately incur a charge, like when I book something myself in the cruise planner?  Or will it be charged when we eat, at on-ship rates? 

1 hour ago, fa-li said:

Staying in a suite, do not have UDP

Was just wondering - I know the suite concierge will contact me about a week out, and can make dining reservations for me at that time.  Do those reservations immediately incur a charge, like when I book something myself in the cruise planner?  Or will it be charged when we eat, at on-ship rates? 

I would imagine that they can't book any reservation without charging you. Nor will they be able to book them without you purchasing them or the UDP beforehand. 

Definitely was not planning to ghost any reservations. Was more just wondering if there was any advantage to waiting and letting concierge handle it. But seems like better prices if I book in cruise planner beforehand. Thanks for the replies!