$100 OBC appeard in my pre-cruise account

Hi friends.

When we booked our SOS cruise, sailing on april 9th, two months ago, the terms stated that we had $75 OBC to spend at the cruise.

My daily routine now includes checking prices on the precruise purchases, in order to save some money if possible.

Today, my on board credit wallet has $175 OBC, but we didn't qet any notification or mail about it. 

Yesterday, we received the guest vacation documents (luggage tags and terms) but it does not say anything about it. I did a little research about the possible reasons for it and i found that there was a sale last year about using your FCC in order to get OBC, but we booked on january using FCC of a cancelled 2020 reservation. Also, this is applying for bookings made after March 1st, but I don't remember reading anything like that when we booked.

Do you guys have any idea of the reason of that $100? Could be a mistake?

If that money stays in our OBC account, and we dont spend all of it, it could be used to pay the gratuities? (I couldn't found how to prepay them).

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english.

Hi! Welcome to the boards!

I have had "mystery" credit show up on occassion, in fact I got some for my upcoming June cruise. Sometimes it comes from your travel agent. Sometimes you never find out why. It is unlikely a mistake.

You can definitely use the credit onboard for gratuities (or any expense).

Enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, Fmarincasallas said:

Do you guys have any idea of the reason of that $100? Could be a mistake?

If that money stays in our OBC account, and we dont spend all of it, it could be used to pay the gratuities? (I couldn't found how to prepay them).

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english.

It's possible it was a mistake but odds are also good they won't take it away.

Yes, OBC can be used to pay gratuities or any other charges (drinks/food/spa/etc) you make during the cruise.

The only way to prepay the gratuities online is during the booking process.  I think you can call and prepay them, but since your cruise is coming soon, I would just wait.

Have a good trip.

13 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Hi! Welcome to the boards!

I have had "mystery" credit show up on occassion, in fact I got some for my upcoming June cruise. Sometimes it comes from your travel agent. Sometimes you never find out why. It is unlikely a mistake.

You can definitely use the credit onboard for gratuities (or any expense).

Enjoy your cruise!

9 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

It's possible it was a mistake but odds are also good they won't take it away.

Yes, OBC can be used to pay gratuities or any other charges (drinks/food/spa/etc) you make during the cruise.

The only way to prepay the gratuities online is during the booking process.  I think you can call and prepay them, but since your cruise is coming soon, I would just wait.

Have a good trip.

Thank you for your answers. I have one final question, just to be sure and don´t lose any money. 

After reading the terms and conditions of the OBC i found: rcblog.jpg.a7fec8f5b803cad06e70821a6ddafee5.jpg

And i have understood that you pay your gratuities before leaving the ship. So, if the OBC expires at 10:00 PM on the final night, is there any chance to waste that OBC for waiting to the final day?

Thank you all for the good wishes.