My Time Dining Question

JerseyGirl01

Hi,

I booked my time dining for an August 2022 sailing on Ovation of the Seas. We selected My Time Dining, because on past cruises, it was most convenient. We never needed a reservation with Carnival but I see RCL recommends having a reservation on their FAQ so I went to book a few times and am confused about a few things...

1. The earliest time available for all days is 7:00pm. Does this mean earlier time slots are already booked? or, are they not offering times before 7:00pm? Will they release more slots? We would ideally like to eat around 6/6:30/7 pending on the show schedule, which brings me to my next question...

2. There are no shows currently listed with a schedule! When are show times usually released? Will we be able to change our reservations based on this?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Too soon for show schedules for your cruise but if you look at cruise compasses for your ship on a similar itinerary, you can get an idea. Post covid, these schedules can be “flexible” and you can’t book til you’re on board.  You can change your dining reservation once on board based on availability.

I don't think I've seen MTD options any earlier than 6:30pm, so it could be that the 6:30 and 6:45 slots have already filled up. If 7pm is too late, you can always arrive early, and get in the no-reservation line.

A cruise compass from a similar sailing can help you identify shows and scheduled times:
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

3 hours ago, JerseyGirl01 said:

Hi,

I booked my time dining for an August 2022 sailing on Ovation of the Seas. We selected My Time Dining, because on past cruises, it was most convenient. We never needed a reservation with Carnival but I see RCL recommends having a reservation on their FAQ so I went to book a few times and am confused about a few things...

1. The earliest time available for all days is 7:00pm. Does this mean earlier time slots are already booked? or, are they not offering times before 7:00pm? Will they release more slots? We would ideally like to eat around 6/6:30/7 pending on the show schedule, which brings me to my next question...

2. There are no shows currently listed with a schedule! When are show times usually released? Will we be able to change our reservations based on this?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

I think the issue is the separation of vaxxed and unvaxxed passengers in the MDR.  I forget the details but a side effect seems to be that early My Time Dining reservations are not available.  However, since your cruise is 6 months away, I would not be surprised if they change those rules and My Time Dining is open at all times again.