Pocket knife

I carry a little Swiss Army pocket knife -- The usual size, about 3 inches long, with toothpick, wine corkscrew, tweezers. It's incredibly handy. It's never been confiscated, but I have always worried about it. Should I continue to bring my knife and risk it? Maybe go to the tiny 1.5 inch model and just bring a corkscrew? (I'm bringing a corkscrew anyway!)

Anyone ever had one confiscated? Or are they not even forbidden?

At the airport this Sunday they confiscated my deodorant. While watching the agent put it in a large cabinet there were a pile of pocket knives. The deodorant had flown 5 times since July 2016 and never been touched. I think it is the agent running the scanner. Kind of scary to think about what else gets through airport/cruise security.

Apparently, I have been lucky. What will I do if a gang fight breaks out? Or a zombie invasion? Or, God forbid, a hangnail???

This reminds me of an incident on Grandeur back in September ..... We witnessed a fight during the belly-flop contest .... Basically, this rather stout fellow, got in front of people blocking their view, and when asked to please move or duck down out of consideration, profanity ensued, then, a fight, whereas the guy causing the issue was pushed in the pool ..... Poor Andre Miller (AM) didn't see it happening and he thought it was just somebody trying to be funny, that is, until the rest of us were yelling, "Fight. Fight, Fight" (like it was happening in a school yard, lol) --- Then you could hear Andre yelling (Security, Security, Security) --- I will give Security a lot of credit, they were fast in their arrival and in removing the party's involved ....

We were amused that it had been edited out when they were playing the replay of the contest on TV......

Which leads me to asking a group question ...... have you ever witnessed a good old-fashioned fight while on a cruise?  What lead up to it and how was it handled? --- In this particular case, the inability of the stout fellow to handle his alcohol intake was def. a factor.

After those involved were taken to another area of the ship, the contest continued and the rest of us had an interesting story to tell.