Clarity on check-in times please

Gisser

How serious are they in Miami about the check-in times? We are sailing with friends on an upcoming Symphony trip...they have a 1 PM check-in time, my wife and I have a noon check-in time. Our friends will want to shuttle with us from the hotel. Does that mean they will need to wait outside for an hour? I heard Matt talk about this on the podcast and just checking if it's still as strict. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Gisser said:

How serious are they in Miami about the check-in times? We are sailing with friends on an upcoming Symphony trip...they have a 1 PM check-in time, my wife and I have a noon check-in time. Our friends will want to shuttle with us from the hotel. Does that mean they will need to wait outside for an hour? I heard Matt talk about this on the podcast and just checking if it's still as strict. Thanks.

You and your wife can check in with them at 1PM.  You can arrange for the shuttle around that time.

I have checked in later than my appointed time several times and I have not had any issues.

They are pretty strict in Miami. In October though, we ended up getting on 1/2 hour early. We had the noon checkin. So if things are running smoothly, you may all get on by 12:30 if you choose to wait until 1:00. 

Are your reservations linked? If so, you may want to keep your time. Go ahead and get onboard and then you can schedule your shows (and any specialty dining) for everyone while you wait for them to board. 

We boarded the Symphony yesterday.  Here is our experience.

We had a 11:30 check-in.  I was watching traffic to Miami from our hotel near the airport and travel times were running close to 30 minutes due to traffic 

On top of that Uber was saying it could take 10-15 minutes for an Uber-X to be available. 

So we went to the lobby at 10:30, checked out and order an Uber.  The car showed up in less than 2 minutes.  The drive to the port took 15 minutes.  A porter took our bags and directed us to the terminal doors.

Ever a rule follower, I even told the gentleman at the door that we were way early and he just waved us in.  We were on the ship at 11:15, 15 minutes before we were supposed to arrive.

We were always ready and willing to wait it out till our check-in time.  As always YMMV.  

4 hours ago, ptod said:

We had a 11:30 check-in.  I was watching traffic to Miami from our hotel near the airport and travel times were running close to 30 minutes due to traffic 

On top of that Uber was saying it could take 10-15 minutes for an Uber-X to be available. 

So we went to the lobby at 10:30, checked out and order an Uber.  The car showed up in less than 2 minutes.  The drive to the port took 15 minutes.  A porter took our bags and directed us to the terminal doors.

Ever a rule follower, I even told the gentleman at the door that we were way early and he just waved us in.  We were on the ship at 11:15, 15 minutes before we were supposed to arrive.

We were always ready and willing to wait it out till our check-in time.  As always YMMV.  

Thanks for sharing I'm hoping on Symphony this Saturday,  just after you get off.  I have the 11:30 check in time, too.  It's great to hear how smoothly your check in went!  I hope you're having a fantastic time onboard!

21 hours ago, ptod said:

Thank you for sharing your experience.