Covid Policy Step By Step

With 42 cruises under my belt and pausing due to Covid, I had questions about the Step By Step Procedure I would have to go through if I was tested positive while on one of the Cruises. I understand what Royal posts as their sites but that's not what I was asking. Yes, they will take good care of me, medically , Feed me without problems, pay for any return home fees and including lodging. 

Sounds great!! Except, thats not what I was asking.  I want to know what is the step by sep policy when I have tested positive while on the cruise!

Well, after much calling, seeing that most of the sales people do not know! here is what I have found.

First, lets say we are cruising on the 3 day of a 10 day cruise In a Suite Cabin in Mexico. I become sick and contact the Medical onboard. They test me for COVID and I test positive. They will remove me from my suite cabin, transfer me to the bottom of the boat near the medical center in a inside type cabin (Locked Down!). The Doctor will then determin if I need to be dropped off at the next port depending upon symptoms. WOW!  Seeing that I am somewhat claustrophobic, and I don't want to be removed from the boat in an unknown, or should I say underveloped country, This procedure will definitely stop me from Cruising.

Do not get me wrong! I believe what Royal is doing to protect their passangers and crew is PERFECT!!! but, I still think that cruisers need to understand what will happen if they do test positive while on a cruise.

Matt: I  am requesting you develop a video explaining to users exactly what happens in a step by sep process! 

Thanks and Keep Cruising!

George

Royal hasn't released detailed step by step information so all that can really be reported is anecdotal from personal stories of those who have been affected. 

You are correct that the sales team has no idea what the procedure would be. They only have access to the same information that you can access on Royal's website.

From the personal accounts I have read online on various social media sites, messageboards and videos that I've watched, your hypothetical scenario in your post sounds pretty spot-on.  

If you aren't comfortable with any of the outcomes that you described, you may want to reconsider taking a cruise at this time.

This is our worst fear. We are in our first suite with RCL so we want the full experience and the idea of being thrust into an inside cabin on the chance of a positive test or close contact situation is worrisome. We plan on keeping our distance when possible, but the chance is always there. We are more than willing to take the risk at this point though, covid fatigue has really set in our household. 

32 minutes ago, GeorgeConlon said:

With 42 cruises under my belt and pausing due to Covid, I had questions about the Step By Step Procedure I would have to go through if I was tested positive while on one of the Cruises. I understand what Royal posts as their sites but that's not what I was asking. Yes, they will take good care of me, medically , Feed me without problems, pay for any return home fees and including lodging. 

Sounds great!! Except, thats not what I was asking.  I want to know what is the step by sep policy when I have tested positive while on the cruise!

Well, after much calling, seeing that most of the sales people do not know! here is what I have found.

First, lets say we are cruising on the 3 day of a 10 day cruise In a Suite Cabin in Mexico. I become sick and contact the Medical onboard. They test me for COVID and I test positive. They will remove me from my suite cabin, transfer me to the bottom of the boat near the medical center in a inside type cabin (Locked Down!). The Doctor will then determin if I need to be dropped off at the next port depending upon symptoms. WOW!  Seeing that I am somewhat claustrophobic, and I don't want to be removed from the boat in an unknown, or should I say underveloped country, This procedure will definitely stop me from Cruising.

Do not get me wrong! I believe what Royal is doing to protect their passangers and crew is PERFECT!!! but, I still think that cruisers need to understand what will happen if they do test positive while on a cruise.

Matt: I  am requesting you develop a video explaining to users exactly what happens in a step by sep process! 

Thanks and Keep Cruising!

George

If this is truly your concern, then I would recommend not cruising during these times.  Things are subject to change and anything that is said today could change tomorrow (or sooner).