On board PCR testing - limited availability?

TonyYOW

So, the storry is that my wife and my daughter are on Odyssey right now. 

They just went to guest services to book PCR tests for their return to Canada. And they have been told that they're too late as there is only 120 people allowed to get those tests. This is ridiculous. Royal Caribbean has never told us there is limited availability and those tests need to be booked asap after they are on board. 

Did anyone else had the same experience?

So, after having all this stress and putting some pressure on them and then sitting in the cabin for 30 minutes waiting for a call back, my wife was finally told that they will accommodate the tests for them. 

What a negative experience... I didn't think it's going to be so stressful. Royal Caribbean should be better communicating those issues and limitations upfront. They know exactly how many people on board are from Canada... 

6 minutes ago, TonyYOW said:

So, after having all this stress and putting some pressure on them and then sitting in the cabin for 30 minutes waiting for a call back, my wife was finally told that they will accommodate the tests for them. 

What a negative experience... I didn't think it's going to be so stressful. Royal Caribbean should be better communicating those issues and limitations upfront. They know exactly how many people on board are from Canada... 

Not only Canada, but other international countries as well.  They know exactly how many are on board.

Glad it worked out, suspect this is not ship policy but an unfortunate slip up by a junior guest services person.

Okay, I was agitated for you guys when I read this post. I couldn't put my finger on it when I sailed the Oasis, but this type of extra stress should not even be a thought. I felt like and it seems here like the cruise line is doing us a favor allowing us to sail! It's a nasty thing to pull, we invest our vacation monies here & jump through every hoop and protocol put in place, a situation like this should NEVER occur.

We were discussing this the other day that the cruise lines need to couple their "mandated protocols" with excellent customer care. My thought was when they pull something like this it turns people off bigly, there are many other places to spend our vacation dollars & vacation is to be relaxing, not a constant walking on egg shells type of experience.

We had a similar experience while on the Adventure in June, we showed up with our daughter & were all tested after a horrible time trying to even make the appointment reservations; yet our daughters test results were "lost" only ours were delivered to the stateroom. It took several hours of waiting in lines, speaking with numerous people who couldn't locate anyone in charge etc. Really put a bad taste in our mouths and if that was our first sailing & didn't have so much FCC from cancelations we may have just side stepped to something different, do better Royal!