Coco Cay Snorkeling

The Fox

15 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Has anyone done the all day snorkeling at Coco Cay? It says stop by and get equipment, but doesn't mention a cost? Is there one? Anything else I should know?

I believe there is a cost, it would be in your cruise planner.  It’s basically an equipment rental and then you snorkel on your own where you like.  My brother in law did I it back in august.  I have my own equipment, so I’m not sure of all the details.

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

I believe there is a cost, it would be in your cruise planner.  It’s basically an equipment rental and then you snorkel on your own where you like.  My brother in law did I it back in august.  I have my own equipment, so I’m not sure of all the details.

How was the snorkeling?  Where did you go?

9 minutes ago, Bee-rad said:

How was the snorkeling?  Where did you go?

If I remember correctly, we were in the chill island area.  The snorkeling was ok, didn’t really see much, but that’s par for the course.  I’ve always just snorkeled at the private islands and never really seen anything great,  it still have fun.

we just did a snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas and didn’t see much there either.  The best place I’ve snorkeled was in Bermuda. There was a place across from the dock (about a 5 minute walk) and it was only $5 to enter for the day and I saw some amazing things there.

good luck.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-map.pdf

9 hours ago, bryresangel said:

We just got back a week and a half ago and the snorkeling was decent. We were able to see a BUNCH of sting rays and quite a few fish near the rock wall at Chill Island (we were there around 10am). Perfect weather for snorkeling too. But we brought our own gear as well so I can't tell you how much it costs to rent.

Yes, the rocks at the edge of the cove is where I've typically seen interesting fish.  There is a safety line across the cove towards the platform, and I have also seen interesting fish farther out towards the platform.

14 hours ago, The Fox said:

Has anyone done the all day snorkeling at Coco Cay? It says stop by and get equipment, but doesn't mention a cost? Is there one? Anything else I should know?

The last time we were in Coco Cay (fall 2019), the rental was about $30 give or take.  One should wear an inflatable vest in case the currents pick up.  

I imagine the prices have changed, and a more recent visitor can verify the cost for you.

• 5 months later...

Go to Chill Island, 1st beach that has the rocks on both sides. Go early and you will see a variety of fish. It's not over the top snorkeling but it does the trick for right off shore. Didn't see much further out. They have a few man made concrete structures that sometimes have fish but the last time we went (April 2022) there was more around the rocks. By 10am or so it became quite busy. I bring my own gear.