Grand Panoramic Suite - Hot tub question

Jax

It’s our first time with a hot tub on our deck. Will it be filled on embarkation day and then maintained at a certain temperature for the duration of our cruise.  Who performs the daily water treatment and testing.  I was thinking I would address this with our genie in pre cruise communication but would welcome any insight. 

To be honest, we did not use the hot tub even once when we had the GPS on Oasis.  I regret that but it is what it is.  It always seemed like it would be such a hassle to fill it and I guess it never occurred to me to ask someone else to do it for me !  I’m sure the room attendant would do it though.  I have some mobility issues and it also looked like it would be hard (for me) to get in and out of the thing. I just never tried.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

To be honest, we did not use the hot tub even once when we had the GPS on Oasis.  I regret that but it is what it is.  It always seemed like it would be such a hassle to fill it and I guess it never occurred to me to ask someone else to do it for me !  I’m sure the room attendant would do it though.  I have some mobility issues and it also looked like it would be hard (for me) to get in and out of the thing. I just never tried.

We have a hot tub at home so I am hoping the process may work the same. Have it filled on Day 1, maintained at a certain temperature and test and treat the water daily. That way it will always be available. I will definitely bring this up with our genie in pre cruise communication and report back! 

We stayed in the Owner’s Panoramic on Oasis and it was not filled upon arrival. I am sure you could request it through your genie ahead of time. We never used it because the position of the hot tub on the balcony offered no privacy to the folks walking below. The Grand Pano is very similar but this may not bother you. I might add we are not really hot tub people but it sounds like you are so you’ll have a blast. It is an awesome room!18DB3468-3574-4264-87D5-6EA9B39E1CDF.thumb.jpeg.95fa57a8bfa1ed2a536da05450a9994f.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Sea Squirrel said:

We stayed in the Owner’s Panoramic on Oasis and it was not filled upon arrival. I am sure you could request it through your genie ahead of time. We never used it because the position of the hot tub on the balcony offered no privacy to the folks walking below. The Grand Pano is very similar but this may not bother you. I might add we are not really hot tub people but it sounds like you are so you’ll have a blast. It is an awesome room!18DB3468-3574-4264-87D5-6EA9B39E1CDF.thumb.jpeg.95fa57a8bfa1ed2a536da05450a9994f.jpeg

Thank you! This is very helpful intel. Yes my son and I have a nightly hot tub routine. Quite often we picture our back yard as an ocean so sitting in a hot tub on our very own deck looking out at the ocean is very exciting for us! I will definitely find out more about the hot tub process and report back. 

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to update this thread once I heard from our genie. It sounds the suite attendant and/or our genie will take care of filling the hot tub and the suite attendant will arrange for the treatment/testing as needed throughout the duration of the cruise. I will report back once onboard but it sounds easy enough.