Cruise Directors' Interaction with Guests

PG Cruiser

Has anyone noticed that post-Covid, the CDs and AMs don't interact much with guests.  On the Allure in September, I only saw Mark at the Promenade when he was shooting videos for the Morning Show.  I've never seen Chris on the Freedom outside of hosting the shows and the AM did not make any appearance at all.  Is this some kind of secret COVID protocol?

Pre-COVID, you would see both CD and AM interacting and mingling with guests.   I've had some chats with Joff on Ovation and Carly on the Serenade.  Elvis and AM Orlando on the Empress were there at the exit to wave us goodbye on disembarkation day.  

On the Oasis, Dennis has been very visible. At most shows in Studio B and virtually all in the theater, he has been there usually at the end to say a few words and then to dismiss us by sections in order to physically distance. He introduces the headliners in the theater and does his own little stand-up routine on the first and last nights. He hosted the disco party in Studio B and had some pretty cool dance moves. I have seen him walking the promenade…maybe not as frequently in the past, but he still interacts. Sometimes I see the hotel officers walking around, but they seem to be checking on their operation more than interacting. The Captain and officers did the informational captain's corner presentation with Dennis…and the C&A loyalty event at the AquaTheater. But, then they exited stage left and didn’t mingle. Hopefully, as time goes on, things keep improving and we can get back to where we were pre-pandemic…one safe step at a time.