Investor call this coming week

I may actually listen in this time around. Curious to hear what their plans for amplification are (we will be on Allure in December 2022, and wondering if it'll happen before then - current deck plans do not show that in place yet) and with the Galveston port. Anyone else here planning to listen? What will you be interested in hearing about, the most?

18 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

Curious to hear what their plans for amplification are

I'd say a zero percent chance this addressed during the call. Moreover, I'd say zero percent chance this happens in the near future due to their financial state.

Keep in mind these calls are about talking with Wall Street analysts. It's not a consumer facing announcement.

10 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

I thought it curious it was delayed a week.  Maybe waiting for better numbers.

The numbers are going to be horrible and RCG knows it without some kind of restart of cruising from US ports that can generate revenue. An investors meeting that demonstrates those horrible numbers will kill stock valuations.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that the delay is because the numbers improve quite a bit if RCG can legitimately project income from such sailings and they've got some insider information on the FL suit coming to some sort of resolution shortly.

32 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

I thought it curious it was delayed a week.  Maybe waiting for better numbers.

The quarters are fixed time periods, so you can't juke the numbers quite like that.

However, the longer time they take, the more potential better news you can share to offset what I am certain will be another billion dollar loss.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

The quarters are fixed time periods, so you can't juke the numbers quite like that.

However, the longer time they take, the more potential better news you can share to offset what I am certain will be another billion dollar loss.

Didn't mean "juke" the numbers, was thinking along the line of better news that improved forecast.

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Isn't each billion dollar loss equivalent to the time it takes to capitalize a new ship now? I wonder how many ships would have been in the fleet without the pandemic verses with by the year 2025.

48 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Isn't each billion dollar loss equivalent to the time it takes to capitalize a new ship now? I wonder how many ships would have been in the fleet without the pandemic verses with by the year 2025.

Only Royal knows what new ship contracts would have been signed in 2020 or 2021 that didn't get signed or won't get signed now.  Those ships would not have entered service until 2025 or later.

IMO they'll aggressively pursue new builds once we get into 2022 and the money starts flowing again.  The pandemic may cause a delay in new builds for 2025 - 2028 but then again maybe not so much if 2022 and beyond revenue comes back. 

These ships make such incredible gobs of money there will be financiers able and willing to bank roll them post-pandemic.

FYI - Royal stated in the wake of the 2008 downturn they regret not being more aggressive with new builds.  That's why I think they'll be as aggressive as lenders let them get away with now.

We're starting to see commodity spikes (raw materials, metals etc) that will really drive the cost of those new builds (not under contract yet).  That could slow the ship building recovery.  Wondering if the material costs of ships underway had material cost protection or they have to pay higher prices?

5 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Figure we've lost one year so far.  So if no pandemic, Wonder would be here already

Just looked over the data my broker sent me, and it really didn't look as bad as i thought it might.  Based on past Pre-covid performance and my fuzzy math.

I we start sailing by the end of this year, fully it will take 3 to 3-1/2 years to make up all the loss experienced so far

We just need to get sailing again