Crown & Anchor and B2B

Ian T

I am sure this has been discussed elsewhere on the boards but I have not been able to find it, so I am sorry.

My question is how long does it typically take for an advancement in C&A levels to be reflected on your account?

The reason I ask is, all things going to plan, we will reach Diamond during the first leg of a B2B and are wondering whether our C&A accounts will be updated in time for us to enjoy the associated perks during the second leg? 

If not do you think it is worth speaking to Guest Services or the Loyalty rep on board?

The official reflection on your account won't happen during your trip. However, my wife was in this exact situation. She reached Diamond during a 7 night cruise with two friends, then stayed on B2B for a family trip.

All you need to do is head to the Loyalty desk during the first cruise to get the information added for the second. Your SeaPass will not say Diamond, but a sticker will be added. You'll then need to visit again to have the card activated for the Diamond Lounge.

I turned Diamond in the same scenario.

The natural course of events would be for points to post around 7 days after a cruise completes.  In the case of a B2B sometimes points for both cruises post only after cruise #2 completes.  

Most loyalty ambassadors will recognize the situation and grant the "premature" change in status.  They may need to research it, validate the points and that can mean they have to email Miami and wait for a response.  For this reason it's best to approach the LA early in cruise #1.  Their hours and location are posted in the Cruise Compass and in the app should this occur during the restart when paper Cruise Compasses may not be widely distributed.

In my case I was on a ship that could print new RFID cards and the LA did just that.  My new card read "Diamond".  I kept my old Emerald card that I used to keep the lights on in the power slot for this cabin.

A few days after this B2B completed I boarded a 3rd cruise on a different ship.  My points from my B2B hadn't posted yet so I still appeared to be Emerald.  On that ship the LA couldn't print new cards but placed a sticker on my card that said "Diamond Member" and sent me to the DL where the DL concierge gave me a separate card that was said "Extra Key"  to use for opening the DL door.  On that cruise I had to carry two cards, my Emerald card with Diamond sticker and the extra card for the DL door.  

Left: Cards from 2nd cruise of B2B after making Diamond on cruise #1

Right: Cards from boarding 3rd cruise shortly after B2B completed.

26691_DiamondChangemidcruise.jpg.e29eb73db9ae5d44996fbd2250dda59d.jpg

56 minutes ago, Allen2 said:

Good stuff to know.  We will hit the "340 level" (meal with an officer) midway through three B2Bs, and will look forward to this special meal.

340 isn't really a level up so I suspect you'll be at the mercy of the LA on this one.

Until the points are in your account officially they don't have to do anything but Diamond level ups seem to warrant them making exceptions when it occurs early in a consecutive series.  Technically speaking they don't have to and some have had Diamond level ups declined if they end up with "that" sort of LA.

If your cruise is top elite heavy and they are looking to control the size of MWAO I suspect you may get a polite decline.  I've seen these events be so large they consume a significant part of the MDR.  They are okay but not the end of the world if missed.

11 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The official reflection on your account won't happen during your trip. However, my wife was in this exact situation. She reached Diamond during a 7 night cruise with two friends, then stayed on B2B for a family trip.

All you need to do is head to the Loyalty desk during the first cruise to get the information added for the second. Your SeaPass will not say Diamond, but a sticker will be added. You'll then need to visit again to have the card activated for the Diamond Lounge.

10 hours ago, twangster said:

I turned Diamond in the same scenario.

The natural course of events would be for points to post around 7 days after a cruise completes.  In the case of a B2B sometimes points for both cruises post only after cruise #2 completes.  

Most loyalty ambassadors will recognize the situation and grant the "premature" change in status.  They may need to research it, validate the points and that can mean they have to email Miami and wait for a response.  For this reason it's best to approach the LA early in cruise #1.  Their hours and location are posted in the Cruise Compass and in the app should this occur during the restart when paper Cruise Compasses may not be widely distributed.

In my case I was on a ship that could print new RFID cards and the LA did just that.  My new card read "Diamond".  I kept my old Emerald card that I used to keep the lights on in the power slot for this cabin.

A few days after this B2B completed I boarded a 3rd cruise on a different ship.  My points from my B2B hadn't posted yet so I still appeared to be Emerald.  On that ship the LA couldn't print new cards but placed a sticker on my card that said "Diamond Member" and sent me to the DL where the DL concierge gave me a separate card that was said "Extra Key"  to use for opening the DL door.  On that cruise I had to carry two cards, my Emerald card with Diamond sticker and the extra card for the DL door.  

Left: Cards from 2nd cruise of B2B after making Diamond on cruise #1

Right: Cards from boarding 3rd cruise shortly after B2B completed.

26691_DiamondChangemidcruise.jpg.e29eb73db9ae5d44996fbd2250dda59d.jpg

Thanks very much to you both for some very sound advice. I will report back on whether we are successful!