Formal Night And Hair Dressing

Scoular

Hi All,

My mum and I are booked on the Anthem in September (?) and I’m looking to treat her on the formal night by paying for us both to get our hair done. It’s her first cruise and I want it to be special for her. From memory I think day 2 is a good guess for a formal night as it’s a sea day before the first port. Does this sound like a right assumption to others?

I’d also like to ask what people’s experience is like with the ‘shampoo and style dry’ hair treatment? Do they do whatever style you like? Are they any good? Is it worth the money? Would love to hear people’s experience.

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, Scoular said:

I’d also like to ask what people’s experience is like with the ‘shampoo and style dry’ hair treatment? Do they do whatever style you like? Are they any good? Is it worth the money? Would love to hear people’s experience.

My wife's opinion is anytime someone else wants to wash and dry her hair, she thinks its amazing

3 hours ago, Scoular said:

Hi All,

My mum and I are booked on the Anthem in September (?) and I’m looking to treat her on the formal night by paying for us both to get our hair done. It’s her first cruise and I want it to be special for her. From memory I think day 2 is a good guess for a formal night as it’s a sea day before the first port. Does this sound like a right assumption to others?

Thanks!

I am scheduled on Anthem in Sept. also.  Out of Southampton, but have my doubts it will sail.  Keep hoping cruises I am on will sail! What date are you going?  I am on Sept.  25th, 9N.

I have had my hair done at salons onboard.  When I want it styled, like having it put up, they ask you to come with dirty hair.  Better to manage and style, instead of clean hair.  But my hair is longer.   So if you are styling short hair shampooing and styling should be ok at same time.    I haven't had it done for few years though.  And they did a good job styling my hair.  I do think it entirely depends on how busy they are and who does your hair, which you have no control over.   It is nice to have someone else do your hair though. 

5 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I am scheduled on Anthem in Sept. also.  Out of Southampton, but have my doubts it will sail.  Keep hoping cruises I am on will sail! What date are you going?  I am on Sept.  25th, 9N.

I have had my hair done at salons onboard.  When I want it styled, like having it put up, they ask you to come with dirty hair.  Better to manage and style, instead of clean hair.  But my hair is longer.   So if you are styling short hair shampooing and styling should be ok at same time.    I haven't had it done for few years though.  And they did a good job styling my hair.  I do think it entirely depends on how busy they are and who does your hair, which you have no control over.   It is nice to have someone else do your hair though. 

If you are in UK, the cruise should be ok for you to go on in Sept.  I am from US and I am doubtful.

• 3 months later...

Great! Hope we can meet on the board. My husband and I are in September too. So, as I remember from the last years, it's pretty ok their hair services. They use high-quality products and super tools that don't damage the hair. I'm fond of my hair because I know how much I invest in it. Everything that is written here https://haircarefiles.com/hair-care-routine/ I do. I eat a balanced diet, hydrate myself with 2 l of water. I'm using natural products when I make homemade masks. But most importantly, I minimize the use of the hairdryer.