Sign in to follow this  
cruisellama

Celebrity Apex

Apex is still chilling in the French ship yard. Around Oct 10th its supposed to make a trip along the French Rivera and port in Barcelona.  Oct 22nd the schedule shows it will start its trek to Ft. Lauderdale to begin the Carribean season.   Wondering if we're still shut down if it will stay in the Med or quarantine in Carribean waters, just incase things open late in Q4.  They're still selling Q4 Carribean cruises and its a ship I'm sure they want to start collecting revenue if the green light turns on.

I lifted and shifted that Apex Translant/Repo cruise Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale departing 10/22/20 to 10/21/21. The issues for me were less about Port Everglades being open to cruise ships but rather restricted entry to EU countries. Our plan was to fly to Lisbon, spend two days there, fly to Geneva spend a week there then fly to Barcelona to catch Apex to return to our home in Fort Lauderdale. We may get the CDC to lift it's no-sail order from US ports before the arrival of Apex but I think it unlikely, given the current up-tick in community spread of the virus throughout the US as well as COVID upticks in various EU countries struggling themselves to contain the virus, that American citizens will be allowed to visit there and/or travel within the EU like we had planned to do.

I can see some level travel restrictions for US passport holders (meaning that's the only citizenship that traveler holds) wanting to travel from the US to EU locations lasting through the first quarter of 2021.