Royal Caribbean Group Not Looking to Sell Ships

16 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Holland America Line has sold four of its ships of the S CLASS to undisclosed buyers. The S CLASS typically does longer cruises which cater to s more nature demographic. As a friend who once told me they had done a Caribbean Cruise on both HAL and RCL... they felt out of place on an HAL ship demographic wise. 

Fred. Olsen purchased Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23248-fred-olsen-buys-amsterdam-and-rotterdam.html?fbclid=IwAR3nUMwPGuede-uV0oD1_aFG-_8O2E_2fIjJl6A8eUh39zqrt6BHnIi7VUo

I was booked for a Panama Canal cruise on the HAL Rotterdam in January 2022.  Just got an email yesterday informing me that HAL just sold 4 ships, and that my Panama Canal cruise was being cancelled.

The four ships were the Amsterdam, Maasdam, Rotterdam, and the Veendam.  From @SpeedNoodles post, it's interesting that Fred. Olsen purchased two of them, anyway.  Wonder where the other two will go???

Now to figure out another way to do my "bucket list" cruise of the Panama Canal...  Sure wish Royal Caribbean had ships transiting the canal on a more regular basis!

6 minutes ago, MarvinS said:

Now to figure out another way to do my "bucket list" cruise of the Panama Canal...  Sure wish Royal Caribbean had ships transiting the canal on a more regular basis!

We (and by we, I mean me) are campaigning for a Panama Canal Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise in 2022.  haha