When you make that final payment its a cruise!

You get excited when you book it, it builds day in and day out and then when you make that final payment its cruise on. 90 days is cool because you can register everyone too but there something about final payment that says cruise on. We used FCC to pay off the cruise fare a few weeks ago but today had to pay the "taxes and port fees" and now it feels like cruise on time. I still don't quite understand why you can't use the FCC to pay off everything including taxes and fees but its done now anyway. Now lets just hope and ? we sail. Please god let us sail! Oh its Oasis Sept. 6th out of NJ of course. Cancelled cruise was May 10th Oasis out of NJ or course. 

7 minutes ago, rjac said:

Hate to tell you this, but, the Canadian ports are closed until the end of this coming October. ☹️

I'm not on a Canadian cruise. I'm on Oasis to Coco Cay. The last question was just curious about those ports and if Oasis can go to those ports. They have Freedom do those 9 day Canadian cruises and I was wondering if Oasis could do those ports. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I still don't quite understand why you can't use the FCC to pay off everything including taxes and fees

I'm not a finance person but I suspect a FCC is kinda "funny money" to the cruise line. Something they received at one point and they are just shifting money internal. Taxes and Port fees might need to be paid at time you pay, so they pass your money along vs it becoming something on that quarters budget...

JUST a guess. Someone please feel free to chime in with correct answer.

4 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I'm not a finance person but I suspect a FCC is kinda "funny money" to the cruise line. Something they received at one point and they are just shifting money internal. Taxes and Port fees might need to be paid at time you pay, so they pass your money along vs it becoming something on that quarters budget...

JUST a guess. Someone please feel free to chime in with correct answer.

Yeah when you explain it like that it kinds makes sense. It really is funny money in a way. I guess to them if they used the FCC for the taxes and fees they would actually have to put out the real money. 

It kinda makes in a way but kinda not in way. It's mystery that hurts my head but it's done now anyway. Pray we cruise now. 

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah when you explain it like that it kinds makes sense. It really is funny money in a way. I guess to them if they used the FCC for the taxes and fees they would actually have to put out the real money. 

It kinda makes in a way but kinda not in way. It's mystery that hurts my head but it's done now anyway. Pray we cruise now. 

We have an Oasis in September too, the 20th, fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Just a side question because I don't want to make another thread. Can Oasis do all the ports for a Canada/New England cruise? Just curious on that. Like the usual 9 days Canada/New England cruise of Boston, Portland ME, Bar Harbor ME, New Brunswick Canada and Halifax Canada?

All ports, no. Bar Harbor is a tender port and I've never heard of an Oasis class ship tendering before. Other ports, no clue.

Oasis from Bayonne has few options to find alternate ports due to her size.  With Canadian ports shutdown she'll have little choice but to sail the Bahamas itinerary or cancel.  She's too big for Bermuda assuming Bermuda opens by then. 

With no options to go North the Bahamas is the only country within range for an Oasis 7 night cruise from Bayonne.

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oasis from Bayonne has few options to find alternate ports due to her size.  With Canadian ports shutdown she'll have little choice but to sail the Bahamas itinerary or cancel.  She's too big for Bermuda assuming Bermuda opens by then. 

With no options to go North the Bahamas is the only country within range for a 7 night cruise from Bayonne.

The cruise isn't going up Canada. I guess I confused everyone. 

The cruise goes to Port Canaveral, Coco Cay and Nausau Bahamas. 

The last question was just curious if Oasis could go to those parts in Canada/New England. Sorry for the confusion.  

10 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The cruise isn't going up Canada. I guess I confused everyone. 

The cruise goes to Port Canaveral, Coco Cay and Nausau Bahamas. 

The last question was just curious if Oasis could go to those parts in Canada/New England. Sorry for the confusion.  

Understood.  In theory or pre-COVID-19 Oasis had plans to visit some Canadian ports.

1376476170_OACanada.jpeg.be60ec8698400440c6e7d7053e0ec898.jpeg

So from a technical perspective she can fit in some Canadian ports.  

From a semi-finance person here, I would image FCCs are funny money indeed. There are a ton of rules that all companies have to adhere to, when it comes to finances. Since FCC can span over a year(s), they have to have a way of accounting for it each fiscal quarter. Example being: 1st quarter had 20 million in profit against $14 million in future debt form of FCC, which is continuing to update. If they allow people to complete full booking from FCC, they aren't making any new sales, technically. That money accounts for an older fiscal quarter. So debt continues to grow while profit isn't, not to mention cost have also gone up. Also who would be there to stop them from issuing FCC when things are bad to cover their butts?? Hence why you have to pay a new deposit and port fees and taxes. If they didn't have this sort of checks and balances; all sorts of shady things can happen and they may look nefarious.

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

From a semi-finance person here, I would image FCCs are funny money indeed. There are a ton of rules that all companies have to adhere to, when it comes to finances. Since FCC can span over a year(s), they have to have a way of accounting for it each fiscal quarter. Example being: 1st quarter had 20 million in profit against $14 million in future debt form of FCC, which is continuing to update. If they allow people to complete full booking from FCC, they aren't making any new sales, technically. That money accounts for an older fiscal quarter. So debt continues to grow while profit isn't, not to mention cost have also gone up. Also who would be there to stop them from issuing FCC when things are bad to cover their butts?? Hence why you have to pay a new deposit and port fees and taxes. If they didn't have this sort of checks and balances; all sorts of shady things can happen and they may look nefarious.

I didn't put a new deposit down, just the taxes and fees I had to pay. The rest makes sense though, thank you.