Brilliance balconies?

In the most recent round of cancelations, I lost my aft JS on Adventure (and that amazing price!). Now, I'm looking at the October group cruise on Brilliance. I currently have a hold on an aft balcony, just because one was available and it was a knee-jerk reaction. The aft balconies on BOTS are spacious OVBs, and are running about $400 more that a regular OVB. Even with the extra 25% from the FCC, it's more than I really want to spend, since I could put most of that difference toward a drink package instead (the one thing I told myself I'd treat myself to after all this!). I'm not sure I can justify paying that much more for the view, especially since I now don't have that extra OBC Royal was gonna give me. Given the current situation, I know there's really no way to guess if/how much cabin prices will drop closer to final payment.

Where would your preferred OVB location be on Brilliance?

I'll definitely keep my hold on the aft balcony, then, just in case. Still figured it'd be a good idea to get input just as a backup, though!

By the way, does a hold lock in a price that I have to pay at the end of the hold, or will I be able to get whatever the price is at that time like with normal repricing before final payment?

7 minutes ago, Chadster said:

But I can still get it repriced as long as it's before final payment, correct?

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If we book with the group we aren't eligible for repricing though, correct?

Sometimes you can. It all depends what it is booked under. If you booked under a group rate, it still could be eligible for re-pricing but it is a bit trickier to monitor. However, not all cabins in the group cruise fall under group rates either so those are easier to monitor and re-price. Bottom line is though, yes, you can re-price any time prior to final. I have done it under both conditions, booked with a group rate and without.