Drink package cancelled when cabin repriced

Anyone have this happen to then and if so, thoughts to resolve?? We repriced our room through our TA and when it came through we noticed that one of our drink packages was cancelled as part of it. The TA said we need to call RC but obviously they are super busy right now. Any thoughts.

@darketower This happened to me a few months ago and had nothing to do with OBC as I had none. The TA also found it strange. The only thing I thought of was when they were in the reservation playing with the adjustment the computer "thought" my reservation was cancelled. 

I just went on cruise planner immediately and re booked to get the same price and sure enough the refund showed up a few days later. 

If you are going to call wait until the evening, I called a few weeks ago while all this is going on and I had zero wait, probably about 2200hrs. 

Be safe and stay healthy!

This happened to me not too long ago. The best advice I can give you is to be patient. You will need to call RC but from my experience you will need to ask for supervisors. I ended up getting to such a high level of supervisor that I needed a call back. That manager was able to lock down the previous price for me and I was later able to purchase the package. If your calling on a cell phone I would suggest using wifi-calling because you can easily be on the line so long that your phone will disconnect you. Hope you don't have to be on the phone for too long ?

5 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Did you use an OBC to pay for the drink package? If so, and if you lost the OBC when you repriced, you only have a certain amount of time to go into the cruise planner to pay the balance before the item is canceled. 

That’s what it was....didn’t realize I had a certain amount of time and it was cancelled.  I think I will take @Neesaadvice and call later at night. The price is still the same, so I’m not worried about losing anything.  

22 minutes ago, MikeK said:

I thought one of the advantages of a TA was for them to call RC and iron things out!

I though that too. I have 2 different sailings later this year with 2 different travel agents. One agent is for a Carnival cruise this November, and the other is for a Royal Caribbean cruise this December. I check the prices quite often, and every time the prices changed to my advantage, I had to call the travel agent to tell them about it.

My TA has always taken care of my purchases.  LY my SIL created havoc for our TA.  We were sailing as a group, and her friend backed out.  Instead of telling the TA, she directly called RCCLRCCL cancelled everything on her cruise planner.  SIL calls me freaking out and mad.  I immediately called the TA.  TA rebooked everything for her.  She actually landed up saving us more money bc although we purchased everything on the Black Friday sailing, the Chefs table and 3 night dinner prices had dropped, so she cancelled and repurchased for everyone in the group.  

She did contact us 1st to inform us that our credit card on file would show a refund and repurchase.