Are there any wine only packages for dining?

t18c97

You are allowed to bring onboard 2 bottles of wine per stateroom - you can take the wine to the dining room and they will open them for you, no corkage fee.  I guess that's why there is no need for any wine packages if people are allowed to bring their own wine!

Thanks for the response. I showed the wife the packages and prices and she said that's not bad, until I said the prices are per person. She's now rethinking what to do, might be a water only cruise.

If you do not get a package you are not limited to just water. From Matt's Information:

Royal Caribbean provides all its guests on all its cruise ships a few different drinks throughout the day that are included in your cruise fare.   These drinks include

• tap water
  • milk
  • tea
  • coffee (regular and decaf)
  • lemonade
  • iced tea
  • flavored waters
  • juices (at breakfast and not fresh squeezed)
  • Hot chocolate (via instant packets)

The last time we could book the wine package was back in 2014 on our transatlantic cruise. We always enjoyed it very much and it's a pity that they don't offer it any more.

But of course they still have a wine card with a huge variety of different wines (bottles or glasses). And if you don't finish your bottle they keep it for you and you can finish it the next day in any restautant or bar on the ship.

And don't forget, you can bring two bottles on board (per stateroom), that will reduce your wine costs.

Dirk

As Dirk mentions, you can order a bottle of wine (or two if you want red and white) and if you don't finish the bottle, the dining staff will store it for you so that you can finish it the following night. Also, each evening they will have a different special where featured wines are offered at a reduced price.

It's too bad they discontinued the dinner wine packages. I enjoyed them on my earlier cruises, but don't drink enough to justify the full-on drink packages.

Don

Don't forget to bring on your two bottles as there is no corkage fee.  If you opt to buy a few bottles onboard, at least you've reduced the cost by bringing two of your own.

I completely forgot to bring wine on Navigator until I was in the cruise terminal.  Those two bottles really do save you a lot of money.

• 4 weeks later...

I completely forgot to bring wine on Navigator until I was in the cruise terminal.  Those two bottles really do save you a lot of money.

Royal Caribbean is the only cruise line that i'm aware of that officially has no corkage fee for wine in the MDR.  It's one of my favorite things about the line.

Also, I don't think that a lack of a wine package is really a negative.  I did the math on my first Disney cruise, and I found out it was possible to lose money on the package if you picked the "wrong" bottles!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/wine-list.2949057/#post-45334885

Additionally, keep in mind that you can drink half the bottle, and they will save it for the next night.

Not sure how I missed the no corkage fee on the wine.  Do you just show up to dinner with your bottle?  Will they chill it beforehand?

Yes, you just bring your wine to any restaurant (MDR or specialty restaurant) and they will open, serve and store it for you.

Not sure how I missed the no corkage fee on the wine.  Do you just show up to dinner with your bottle?  Will they chill it beforehand?

I don't believe they'll chill it before hand; you'd need to use ice or the fridge in the cabin to do that. However, the will store and chill the bottle if you don't finish it at dinner.