Jump to content

Why did they send travel documents (May 9th out of Baltimore)


Recommended Posts

I just got an email with our travel documents for our May 9th cruise. The chances of this cruise happening is pretty much zero, I don't think Port of Baltimore will be open any time soon.  Are they being overly optimistic? I just checked the website and there's no update about our cruise, everything looks normal. I know they have a lot of reservations still in March and April to deal with before they get to May.. do I just ignore the emails and wait til they get around to deciding what they want to do with our cruise? Is there anything I need to do now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have ours in April. I would love to go, but medically some in our group shouldn't.  I just want some direction sooner than later. There is so much more involved logistically then just the cruise. I have hotels, flights, and taxi cars for 15 of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I go the same email with our travel documents a few days after I had cancelled the cruise for April 26th on Harmony out of Port Canaveral, so I just ignored the email since I knew that I had cancelled the cruise mainly because one person on the reservation is in their 60’s which is considered high risk of getting the coronavirus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Magandsons - we are booked on the same cruise. Today was 49 days before scheduled sailing, so the system sent out the travel documents right on time.

If the situation improves and the cruise happens, this is the right timing to receive documents. If it doesn't and the cruise is cancelled, we'll make the required changes. For now, I'll hold off on printing multiple copies of the luggage tags, but only because we don't usually print them until about two weeks before sailing anyway. Part or our "Countdown to Cruise."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, basil said:

We have ours in April. I would love to go, but medically some in our group shouldn't.  I just want some direction sooner than later. There is so much more involved logistically then just the cruise. I have hotels, flights, and taxi cars for 15 of us.

Royal isn’t giving any direction because they want you to cancel! If you cancel then you only get the credit option unless you chose refundable fare. If they cancel then they have to offer cash refund or an incentive for you to take the future credit l. If you believe there are folks in your group who will no longer be able to cruise then you should hold out until Royal cancels because the future credits will ONLY be issued in the name of the passenger it was assigned to.  I’ve just lost over 1,000.00 because my elderly mom and aunt will no longer be able to cruise so we used the 48 hour cancel option and now Royal will not allow me THE PERSON WHO PAID THE FARES, to apply the credits to my own future plans. Best of luck to you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got ours right on day 45 for our trip on 3rd May, unfortunately we are coming from the UK and BA have already cancelled our flights. Just waiting now to see if Royal will cancel to get 125% FCC if its offered again if not will cancel ourselves. Booked a replacement trip at the start of Dec so hope that it's all back to normal by then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, shaydav19 said:

Royal isn’t giving any direction because they want you to cancel! If you cancel then you only get the credit option unless you chose refundable fare. If they cancel then they have to offer cash refund or an incentive for you to take the future credit l. If you believe there are folks in your group who will no longer be able to cruise then you should hold out until Royal cancels because the future credits will ONLY be issued in the name of the passenger it was assigned to.  I’ve just lost over 1,000.00 because my elderly mom and aunt will no longer be able to cruise so we used the 48 hour cancel option and now Royal will not allow me THE PERSON WHO PAID THE FARES, to apply the credits to my own future plans. Best of luck to you 

My problem exactly.  We paid the fare for my brother and his family.  I would want the money for that. Not that I dont love him, but the money is mine. So, I am watching everyday to see what happens. It's a double edge sword, my group so wants to go, he cant medically.......soooooo unhappy if its canceled,  screwed if it's not. I will make lemonade out of lemons for which overwatch it goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, basil said:

My problem exactly.  We paid the fare for my brother and his family.  I would want the money for that. Not that I dont love him, but the money is mine. So, I am watching everyday to see what happens. It's a double edge sword, my group so wants to go, he cant medically.......soooooo unhappy if its canceled,  screwed if it's not. I will make lemonade out of lemons for which overwatch it goes.

I hope it works out for you and yours. I’m currently driving from Missouri home to Maryland as I had to bring my daughter back from college since schools have ended early. But I intend to sit down this week and draft a letter of appeal to Richard Fain, CEO as soon as I can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...