Royal Carribean .co.uk

JamesK

Royal Caribbean.co.uk site has gone, always redirects to .com

Secondly no flight or hotels options on .com if want ing to do a fly cruise

I decided to call and gentlemen told me yes they are going to one platform and yes indeed they are not now providing flight or hotel options online at the moment.

Ugh just checked and you're right.  Redirects me to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruises.  The booking interface is now like the US website.  Major downside for my purposes being that .co.uk website rarely would list a cabin category but then say it was unavailable when you clicked on it, whereas the US one does all the time with the suite category.

5 hours ago, 12thman said:

You could add flights and hotels to your cruise on the (now defunct) UK site? Why don't they offer that on the U.S site. That would make planning a cruise a lot easier. 

And they offered actual packages as well, flights, transfers, hotel stay and cruise, all bundled in a single package. Seems to me that removing this option may result in lost revenue, so it's quite surprising that they've done this.

The Australia / New Zealand website changed a couple of months ago. Every time I use it now it defaults to Australia.

when I try and make it default to NZL it goes back to Australia again.

i have manually changed the URL to NZL and saved as a favourite.

i preferred the old version as well as this allowed me to get some of my non refundable deposit back as the terms and conditions were different for NZ.

Now with this change they are all the same

If this is happening all over, probably streamlining operations and cutting costs would seem to be the logical answer. Offering air, hotel etc doesn't increase RCI's bottom line. There's no commission gained from airlines or hotels.

Perhaps if the group started a email campaign to bring these services to all customers maybe RCI would change things?

I know Disney does this on their site, you can book the whole vacation package, flight and all, seems like it's much more convenient.  It would be nice if we were able to do all of the planning right from RCI's site.

11 minutes ago, 12thman said:

There's no commission gained from airlines or hotels.

I wonder if they would make some type of commission on flights/hotels etc booked through their site?  There must be an incentive for others (Disney for one) to offer it.

Just now, Geoff P said:

I wonder if they would make some type of commission on flights/hotels etc booked through their site?  There must be an incentive for others (Disney for one) to offer it.

Nope! Asked my T/A and she does it as a service. No commission anymore because hotels and airlines stopped doing this many years ago, maybe decades. The only advantage is if the cruise line has purchased a block of hotel rooms on certain days like Expedia, Priceline etc. But that's too costly and a lot of work. 

On 12/10/2019 at 8:19 AM, cmdrfrag said:

I just liked having the favourites page, I had 6 cruises in there that I could keep an eye on at a glance to see if the price was dropping

me too!! I had 15 cruises all favourited and looked pretty much every day to see price changes.

now nothing ?

very poor change to the US site which is trash!!!

On 12/10/2019 at 5:19 PM, cmdrfrag said:

I just liked having the favourites page, I had 6 cruises in there that I could keep an eye on at a glance to see if the price was dropping

8 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

me too!! I had 15 cruises all favourited and looked pretty much every day to see price changes.

That was the thing I hated about the US redesign -- I loved the saved cruises option!  Sigh...