Concierge Contact Harmony

Neesa

Hello everyone!

Sailing this coming Sunday on the Harmony in an OS. Just wanted to update you that I in fact received an email from the concierge last night after 2100hrs. I responded to this email with my request for Coastal Kitchen reservations as well as WOW bands if they had them at their disposal. I also asked if they could/would transfer the automatic gratuity up to CK as we have no plans to dine in the MDR. First sailing with RCCL and we are pretty much low key. The Sky class benefits are pretty self explanatory I believe but is there anything you seasoned cruisers would request at this point? I have never heard from Royal Up regarding our bid on the 2 bedroom aqua so I will keep dreaming of Star Class.....one day. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Denise

Oh by the way the concierge this sailing Jermias & Elaine

14 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Only Star Class includes gratuities. Sky Class has the automatically  applied (or prepaid) gratuities at a slightly higher rate than standard or Sea Class Rooms. I think it is an additional  3.50 pp per day.

Thank you. After I posted I reread the OP and realized I had probably misread that. I appreciate the clarification.

@WAAAYTOOO Jermias & Elaine are the hosts for my sailing. I responded to their email with just the CK reservation request and then added a Hibachi reservation. Finally I asked that my pre-paid gratuity be redirected upstairs to CK because we have no plans to visit the MDR. My question is do they respond via email to your requests at least so I know they did in fact receive my requests or do they just take care of everything and you meet them formally on the ship? Thanks so much for your help with this, Denise (Enjoy your next sailing also, I have a feeling I may not be debarking without booking another to then transfer over to Sharla at MEI!!)  :8_laughing:

13 minutes ago, Neesa said:

do they respond via email to your requests at least so I know they did in fact receive my requests or do they just take care of everything and you meet them formally on the ship?

Denise, they definitely SHOULD respond to you prior to boarding to confirm that what you have asked for has been accomplished.  I am not very familiar with Elaine but Jeremias is excellent.  I would be very very surprised if they do not get back in touch with you before embarkation.

I still have not heard from the Brilliance Concierge.  Somewhat annoyed about that.  We sail on 11-25. If I don't hear anything today I will be sending a proactive email their way.

I had similar concerns prior to my August sailing.  I made a post about it in the dining section  I couldn't figure out how to link it because I am not very computer savvy, but it is in the dining section and is titled "Coastal Kitchen question".  At that point, I was 4 days away from sailing and had not gotten a response from my initial email to the concierges. One of the responses to my post assured that Jeremais was excellent but not always great with pre-crusie communications-probably because he is so busy with current cruisers, handling everything for them.  

He did finally email me back and had indeed taken care of every request.  Once on board, he was truly marvelous.  I know that you may be a little worried now, but I am sure all will be well and you will have a wonderful time!

@WAAAYTOOO, @Fairlynew, @Lovetocruise2002 Just a quick update, I woke up this morning to an email from Jeremias confirming my requests, he sent it late last night like you predicted. Now @WAAAYTOOO have you heard from your concierge yet? Fingers crossed you will hear from them! Thanks so much everyone! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful week! :150_raising_hand: