Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Navigator - Our Cruise to Nowhere


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction Ok....well we knew that travelling end of August would be a risk due to Hurricane season.  Last summer on the same 4 days, we had amazing weather.  This year,  well, I'm sure most of

Final Thoughts You may have noticed that I haven't mentioned the cruise director.  That's because we barely saw him and he's not really that memorable.  Had we come 2 weeks earlier, we would have

Day 2 - Nassau Day (aka Sea Day) Pool, Slides, Foozball and Trivai We docked early in Nassau and as we've been here a few times, we decided to stay on the ship to enjoy the facilities with s

Posted Images

@WannaCruise

Thanks for your reply. It's very useful!!

I'm still in the process of putting together the trip. 

Probably will book our flights via Air2Sea, just haven't decided what time for the return flight... 12pm sounds perfect, but what if there's delay during disembarkation...
Insurance too. Haven't decided whether I should purchase via RCL, or stand alone from my AMEX. 

I took many trips before but since it's my first cruise, I feel like I have no clue about anything at all, even the basics.
Feel so dumb, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, zillono said:

@WannaCruise

Thanks for your reply. It's very useful!!

I'm still in the process of putting together the trip. 

Probably will book our flights via Air2Sea, just haven't decided what time for the return flight... 12pm sounds perfect, but what if there's delay during disembarkation...
Insurance too. Haven't decided whether I should purchase via RCL, or stand alone from my AMEX. 

I took many trips before but since it's my first cruise, I feel like I have no clue about anything at all, even the basics.
Feel so dumb, lol.

This site is great for asking questions and getting different experiences.  For us, we typically use our cc for insurance but a lot use Air2Sea.  The one thing that I recommend is fly in the day before...just in case any delays/cancellations due to weather, mechanical issues, etc.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 4:30 PM, WannaCruise said:

Day 1 - Boarding Day

We got up bright and early, eager to head to the port. On our last cruise, we stayed at Hampton Inn in Blue Lagoon.  The breakfast there was ok.  Well, the breakfast at the Hampton Inn Brickell was much better.  They had the usual plus smoothies, fresh cheese and meats, make your own waffles, eggs, etc.  I see now why people comment on it.

 

 

Not sure when you were at the last Hampton but I was told last month that all the Hamptons have revamped their breakfasts to include smoothies, the different juices and just healthier options

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, as524 said:

Not sure when you were at the last Hampton but I was told last month that all the Hamptons have revamped their breakfasts to include smoothies, the different juices and just healthier options

Good to know.  It was a great addition.  We stayed at the Blue Lagoon location in March before our Symphony cruise and don't remember it, but maybe they've been added since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, WannaCruise said:

Thanks!  I agree....ship is great!

Yes tanks for sharing your family's experiences. Great info. I've only been on one other RCC... Brilliance of the Seas. We really liked it. Wanted to do a 5 or 7 day trip this time but could not make that work, so we settled on the NAV of the Seas. We are looking forward to our trip, however they changed our itinerary to have 2 days at Coco cay and one at Nassau. No sea day... which is fine except we were looking forward to having a speciality restaurant luncheon... but with no sea day, I don't think they are offering that option. It's a bit unclear and have received a could of contradictions on the topic.

 

 

Did you notice by chance?

 

Again thanks for sharing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, edurbin79 said:

Yes tanks for sharing your family's experiences. Great info. I've only been on one other RCC... Brilliance of the Seas. We really liked it. Wanted to do a 5 or 7 day trip this time but could not make that work, so we settled on the NAV of the Seas. We are looking forward to our trip, however they changed our itinerary to have 2 days at Coco cay and one at Nassau. No sea day... which is fine except we were looking forward to having a speciality restaurant luncheon... but with no sea day, I don't think they are offering that option. It's a bit unclear and have received a could of contradictions on the topic.

 

 

Did you notice by chance?

 

Again thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading.  Great to hear you liked Brilliance.  It's on our bucket list and DH and I actually had it booked for December (without our kids) but switched to Adventure instead.  I prefer the larger ships, but Brilliance is probably a good size for DH.  I've followed reviews and it seems to have amazing views and a really nice ship overall so would love to try Brilliance some time. 

 

We have the same as you on our Mariner cruise next August with respect to 2 Coco Cay days.  I like sea days as more is going on, and as you say more dining is open so not thrilled with it (plus I like it when the ship moves to watch the water…so relaxing).  I think I saw your post questioning about the restaurant being opened.  Hopefully with no sea days, they will make an exception and have more things open than a normal port day.  Guess we'll need to see for someone to report.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...