Jump to content
Kelly N

Dining specialty

Recommended Posts

A friend told me they went on harmony of the seas last year and were offered the specialty dining package 4 restaurants for 100 dollars. She told me not to purchase in advance and to wait to get on the boat. But I only see it’s 3 restaurants for 99 dollars. So will it be the same when I get on the boat or is there a 4 restaurant deal that still exists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kelly N said:

A friend told me they went on harmony of the seas last year and were offered the specialty dining package 4 restaurants for 100 dollars. She told me not to purchase in advance and to wait to get on the boat. But I only see it’s 3 restaurants for 99 dollars. So will it be the same when I get on the boat or is there a 4 restaurant deal that still exists?

The deal no longer exists on Harmony.. The choice is now the 3 night package or the Unlimited package.. I personally buy the Unlimited package for every cruise but that's because I think the food in the MDR is terrible.. Some people agree with me and some people still like it. Some people will tell you to buy the 3 night package, some people will tell you to buy no package, and some people will agree with me and say buy the unlimited. Basically you need to do what you feel is good for you.. I like the unlimited because it also includes lunch on sea days and I enjoy going to a different restaurant every night.. Have a wonderful cruise whatever you choose to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand some complaints about the MDR, but my experience as well as the experience of other members also points to uneven execution in the specialty restaurants.  Sooo....it boils down to whether the extra $$$ seem worth it-- do you really expect a superior culinary experience?  Also, some rooms have a free dinner and lunch for the time you want  to be away from WJ or MDR.  My college student soon has become quite the sushi expert, and his assessment of Izumi's on the Harmony was just "OK", and not worth the hype.   Good luck with whatever you choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question regarding the 3 night dinner package. They say they make a courtesy reservation for the first night..does that mean that u have to use one of the three the first night? 

I would rather use a Diamond Plus Bogo on the first night and still have three nights remaining? Is this permissible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, APM said:

They say they make a courtesy reservation for the first night..does that mean that u have to use one of the three the first night? 

With any dining package, you must dine at one restaurant on night one or two.  

The courtesy reservation can be changed once onboard to whatever you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matt said:

With any dining package, you must dine at one restaurant on night one or two.  

The courtesy reservation can be changed once onboard to whatever you want.

We had the Bogo on Symphony last month and went to the kiosk upon boarding. The very nice young man there allowed to make reservations for any night we wanted. We did not choose night 1. We happened to pick night 2, but didn't  have to. Like I always say, it never hurts to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...