Possible delay or cancellation?

Just a few days away from our cruise on the Liberty this weekend. Very excited, but I always get a bit of anxiety in the days leading up to vacation for fear that something will go wrong. Today I got an email saying they're going to be doing "routine maintenance" by divers on the ship on embarkation day, and our departure is being postponed from 4pm to Midnight. I have two worries:

A. Its going to be raining here pretty bad from now until the cruise on Sunday (I live in the same city as the port), and I'm nervous the weather will be too dangerous to perform said maintenance, and the cruise will be cancelled/rescheduled, or 

B. Someone doing the maintenance will screw up something major and the cruise will be cancelled/rescheduled. 

Are things like this typical of cruises (this is my 2nd cruise, but my first was so long ago I don't remember much)? If it got shortened, do we get refunded, on-board credit? If the cruise cannot go on at all is it easy to get another one pretty quickly? 

I know I probably sound crazy, I just hate that possibility of not getting to do something we've planned and looked forward to for months. Just knowing what to expect is helpful. 

Divers routinely go in the water.  On Radiance in Ketchikan Alaska they had divers in the water.  It's very routine.  Most times they don't notify guests.  They only did because of the delayed departure.  I wouldn't give it a second thought.  Bring a rain coat.

I boarded a Carnival ship in Galveston a few years ago as the remnants of Hurricane Patricia blew past.  I had a rain coat.  I didn't get wet.  

14 hours ago, Lauren123 said:

If it got shortened, do we get refunded, on-board credit? If the cruise cannot go on at all is it easy to get another one pretty quickly? 

We were on the Grandeur cruise on January 2018 that got shortened from 9 nights to 7 nights. (Rudder repairs delayed the cruise by two days)

We were refunded 50% of our cruise fare, 2 days worth of our drink package, and obviously refunded for any shore excursions we would miss due to skipping a port of call.

The initial refund was in the form of On-Board Credit, we didn't spend nearly that much during the cruise, so the remaining balance was refunded to my credit card after the cruise.

FYI: I wouldn't get too worried about what the divers need to do on embarkation day. I may be as simple as performing inspections below the water line.

The only thing I can think to worry about is don't you have to pay a tax on your drinks within a certain mile radius in Texas..or drinks are limited or something?(maybe that was just Carnival for some reason?!)

That would be my only concern if we were stuck in port on embarkation day and it was pouring rain..lol