Jump to content
hsweat22

Stingrays in Grand Cayman - Need advice!!!

Recommended Posts

Looking through the cruise planner there are many different options that involve stingray city and I am having trouble picking between them and hoping someone here has been on one or multiple of these and can help add a little color to help me decide.

Dolphin Swim and Stingray City - GC12

Dolphin Encounter and Stingray City - GCH9

Stingray City and Barrier Reef Snorkel - GC88

Stingray City and Calico Jack's Beach Break - GCN8

Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar - GCI3

Catamaran Sail and Stingray City - GCC7

 

Neither of us have swam with Dolphins so that does have some of our interest, the reef snorkel and Calico Jack also interest us.  We have never been to 7 mile beach where Calico Jacks is, so any insight there would be much appreciated!

 

Thanks everyone!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hsweat22 said:

Looking through the cruise planner there are many different options that involve stingray city and I am having trouble picking between them and hoping someone here has been on one or multiple of these and can help add a little color to help me decide.

Dolphin Swim and Stingray City - GC12

Dolphin Encounter and Stingray City - GCH9

Stingray City and Barrier Reef Snorkel - GC88

Stingray City and Calico Jack's Beach Break - GCN8

Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar - GCI3

Catamaran Sail and Stingray City - GCC7

 

Neither of us have swam with Dolphins so that does have some of our interest, the reef snorkel and Calico Jack also interest us.  We have never been to 7 mile beach where Calico Jacks is, so any insight there would be much appreciated!

 

Thanks everyone!!!

 

 

Once I got the Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar - GCI3 reserved. We got off the ship and looked out for our Shore excursion number but couldn't find it. I reached to a crew member from another tour and she told me my excursion was canceled due high winds... I walked out the pier and found a local tour company that took me to the Stingray City and had a blast! The sea wasn't as calmed as you wanted but still was very fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done the Catamaran sail and Stingray City at least 3 times over a number of years and always been pleased.  You will have plenty of time to interact with the sting rays and there are a lot of them! Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If not too late for info.. I took a self booked tour with this guys:  Cayman Eco Adventures     Excellent experience.. smaller boat... beat the 100 people that showed up on ship tour to Stingray City..   Look them up on tripadvisor..   Hope you have a great time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did Stingray City Experience Plus Two Snorkeling Stops provide by Captain Marvin's last October.  Absolutely loved it.  The snorkeling was wonderful, not the big groups booked thru the ship and when we were at Stingray City our host gave us feed for the Stingrays.  Would definitely do it again!  Found them on Trip Advisor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 8:52 AM, hsweat22 said:

Looking through the cruise planner there are many different options that involve stingray city and I am having trouble picking between them and hoping someone here has been on one or multiple of these and can help add a little color to help me decide.

Dolphin Swim and Stingray City - GC12

Dolphin Encounter and Stingray City - GCH9

Stingray City and Barrier Reef Snorkel - GC88

Stingray City and Calico Jack's Beach Break - GCN8

Deluxe Stingray City Sandbar - GCI3

Catamaran Sail and Stingray City - GCC7

 

Neither of us have swam with Dolphins so that does have some of our interest, the reef snorkel and Calico Jack also interest us.  We have never been to 7 mile beach where Calico Jacks is, so any insight there would be much appreciated!

 

Thanks everyone!!!

 

 

Highly recommend using www.stingraysailing.com   My 3rd time going to stingray city was with them, and by far the BEST experience.  I promise you will not be disappointed!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, coneyraven said:

We did the Turtle Farm and Stingray City that included a trip to Hell just a couple of weeks ago.  Completely had a blast.  Next trip will include the dolphin encounter.

I am considering this for our group. My husband and our kids (10 & 12) would love to snorkel but the grandparents (3 of them) will not want to get in the water. Thought this might be a good compromise. Did you think the time with the stingrays was enough? Was the Turtle Farm worth the time? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SSprouse said:

I am considering this for our group. My husband and our kids (10 & 12) would love to snorkel but the grandparents (3 of them) will not want to get in the water. Thought this might be a good compromise. Did you think the time with the stingrays was enough? Was the Turtle Farm worth the time? Thanks! 

Was there plenty of time with the Stingrays?  Yes, although, it was a little crowded with other boats..... but it wasn't a big deal for us.  Water was about 4 ft. deep.  As for the Turtles, I was really impressed.  Back in April, we were able to hold a baby, but I thought I heard a rumor that the policy allowing the public to do that may have changed.

P4210045.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, coneyraven said:

We did the Turtle Farm and Stingray City that included a trip to Hell just a couple of weeks ago.  Completely had a blast.  Next trip will include the dolphin encounter.

What was your time like at the Turtle Center? Were you able to swim in the lagoon with them? Looking at this excursion and Royal is light on the details! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...