Luggage Valet

Has anyone had their luggage lost/misdirected using RCCL's luggage valet? I'm just concerned that my bags sitting at the airport for 8 to 10 hours won't make it home with me. Maybe my bags will get an awesome trip somewhere without me!?

6 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Has anyone had their luggage lost/misdirected using RCCL's luggage valet? I'm just concerned that my bags sitting at the airport for 8 to 10 hours won't make it home with me. Maybe my bags will get an awesome trip somewhere without me!?

It's only offered at FLL, and flight have to meet a certain criteria, but if you are this might solve your other question about printing luggage tags.

Also love it, great service.

Just now, tiny260 said:

It's only offered at FLL, and flight have to meet a certain criteria, but if you are this might solve your other question about printing luggage tags.

Also love it, great service.

So the valet service prints my luggage tags and boarding pass?

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Isn't LV also available in Miami and Port Canaveral ?  I thought it was at all of the "big 3" Florida ports + Seattle.

Someone with a better memory is going to have to post, I thought we have had this discussion before and it was FLL and Seattle.

I'm probably wrong, it would make sense to be at the big three.

OK, my brain cells are kicking in, I kept bring this up to Charlie (Our Genie) and there was no LV for Port of Miami, flying out of Miami. Definitely not sure of MCO.

1 minute ago, tiny260 said:

Someone with a better memory is going to have to post, I thought we have had this discussion before and it was FLL and Seattle.

I'm probably wrong, it would make sense to be at the big three.

OK, my brain cells are kicking in, I kept bring this up to Charlie (Our Genie) and there was no LV for Port of Miami, flying out of Miami. Definitely not sure of MCO.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-royal-caribbean-offer-luggage-valet

@WAAAYTOOO was correct

Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Seattle.  

8 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Yes, I'm flying Alaska but I don't think it works from my home to FLL?

LV collects you bags the night before you debark.  You never have to touch your bags again until you reach the luggage carrousel at your destination airport. LV only works departing the ship, not on your way to the ship before the cruise.   

9 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Yes, I'm getting old and forgetful, I remember you pointing this out previously.

I guess I shouldn't ASSume everyone is cursing the Caribbean...

No harm done! I'm just trying to figure this out. SO different than when we last cruised 19 years ago!!!

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

@WAAAYTOOO has had Charlie for a Genie also, I highly doubt that he would lie about his, so again I'm assuming, that the LV from Miami is something that has changed between the second week of January and now, because I meet all of the criteria, 7 days cruise, Port of Miami, Miami airport, American Airlines, flight not leaving before the time cut off.

No app for LV.

In Grand Suites and above the $25 fee is waived.  Normal luggage fees your airline charges still apply.  

Here is an example of LV letter in Miami.  

NV MIA Valet Luggage.pdf

An older form from Ft. Lauderdale:

686165974_luggageValet2.thumb.jpeg.0db6594f8a8e3cf524780d958bd6aef3.jpeg

They print your luggage tags for you, you apply them to your bags and place your bags out in the hall the night before you debark:

813382794_LVtags.thumb.jpg.e5927d5e7bf087f463e7341b7bc4b371.jpg

Just now, twangster said:

No app for LV.

In Grand Suites and above the $25 fee is waived.  Normal luggage fees your airline charges still apply.  

Here is an example of LV letter in Miami.  

NV MIA Valet Luggage.pdf 158.19 kB · 0 downloads

An older form from Ft. Lauderdale:

686165974_luggageValet2.thumb.jpeg.0db6594f8a8e3cf524780d958bd6aef3.jpeg

They print your luggage tags for you, you apply them to your bags:

813382794_LVtags.thumb.jpg.e5927d5e7bf087f463e7341b7bc4b371.jpg

The Oracle comes through again!!! Thank you!!!

We used the Luggage Valet for 8 people and 8 suitcases.  It was awesome.  We were in a Grand Suite so we did not have to pay the $25 fee.  We were on the Harmony and disembarked on Sunday 4/7/19.  We were on Delta and left FLL at 11:55.  When we got to the airport with just carryon backpacks and one small pull carryon, we would have gladly paid $50 or more each after seeing the check-in line in the Delta terminal 2.  We arrived about 9:00 am and the baggage check-in wound back and forth many times AND there was a line against the wall that went to the other end of the terminal and outside.  You had to get thru that line before even getting to the roped area.  I have no idea how long it would take to get thru that.  We had 3 grandchildren aged 9, 8 and 6 and I cannot imagine how impatient they would be standing in line for that long.  The security line at that time was not bad at all.  TSA precheck was about 5 minutes to get thru and the regular line took maybe 15 minutes.  We had a flight thru ATL and then on to our final destination.  No problem.  All bags arrived, but it was great to have the baggage notification on my Delta app.