Harmony or Symphony?

TanaQ

I leave on Anthem in 9 days and already planning my next cruise.  My 10 yr old has declared we must sail Symphony. Of course he loves all the excitement of stuff to do. But Harmony looks pretty cool too.  We'd have to fly either way and from NY I can't imagine that would be a huge price difference. 

I know everyone has their preferences but I'd love to hear experiences. I'm a single parent and my son and I have gotten the cruising bug.

Both are excellent ships.  Both have great but different entertainment.  Grease versus Hairspray, Columbus the Musical versus Flight.  Symphony being newer built on the success of Harmony and has evolved from it in subtle ways but at their core they are nearly identical sister ships.  

Both have water slides and the Ultimate Abyss dry slides.  

For the week you plan to travel, does one itinerary look more appealing?  Is Orlando easier or harder to reach compared to South Florida?

Symphony is new so it commands the new ship premium.  Is cost a factor?

Oasis is coming to NYC after it's AMPING.  If this will be your last cruise ever, go big, but perhaps a progression makes sense.  Oasis -> Harmony -> Symphony.

11 minutes ago, Sweety said:

My six year old nephew has it too. He was on Anthem for the New Year's cruise. He will be on Harmony for Spring break in ten days. He will be on Navigator June 2019.

We were on Anthem just in February! It's super convenient as we are in NY so the port is close. But to take the other ships I know we'll have to fly to Florida.  What happened to cheap airfare to Fla?

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Both are excellent ships.  Both have great but different entertainment.  Grease versus Hairspray, Columbus the Musical versus Flight.  Symphony being newer built on the success of Harmony and has evolved from it in subtle ways but at their core they are nearly identical sister ships.  

Both have water slides and the Ultimate Abyss dry slides.  

For the week you plan to travel, does one itinerary look more appealing?  Is Orlando easier or harder to reach compared to South Florida?

Symphony is new so it commands the new ship premium.  Is cost a factor?

Oasis is coming to NYC after it's AMPING.  If this will be your last cruise ever, go big, but perhaps a progression makes sense.  Oasis -> Harmony -> Symphony.

I didn't know Oasis was coming to NY!!! Unfortunately who knows when that will be. But yes I do want to do Oasis, just ruled it out for the forseeable future.  I need patience in my life.

ETA: Orlando might be a bit easier for us and we have some family not too far from there.  Maybe we will fly in 1-2 days early and visit. The itineraries are both fine as far as I'm concerned.  I know the child wants to return to Coco Cay to see what wasn't up in February.  Hmmmm......

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Technically Oasis is coming to Bayonne, but the greater NYC area just the same.

Correct. It's similar to how Royal Caribbean calls Port Canaveral "Orlando". Close enough for people who have no idea where Merrit Island or Bayonne are.

54 minutes ago, TanaQ said:

We were on Anthem just in February! It's super convenient as we are in NY so the port is close. But to take the other ships I know we'll have to fly to Florida.  What happened to cheap airfare to Fla?

We always fly SWA. It's cheap from Chicago to FLL.