Radiance of the Seas

chris25

My wife and I are sailing on the Radiance in February 2020 and was wondering if anybody had any information on the ship? We've sailed on the Symphony in October of 18 and Allure back in 16. We loved the ships and through talking to several people throughout our trips. A lot of people loved the smaller ships and we just wanted more opinions on it and what to expect from the ship. Is there anything new with the Radiance like a refit or anything? We are doing a 16 night top end cruise of Australia and can't wait!

I think the key with a smaller ship like Radiance is just understanding what she offers and what she doesn't offer, compared to Symphony/Allure.

Radiance is a fabulous ship and the Radiance Class is wonderful. Key is to know what they offer.

Just off Brilliance yesterday, sister ship to Radiance.  I last sailed Radiance in September.  

Wonderful ship but no promenade.  It does have a "Centrum" atrium area and a covered adult only solarium with retractable glass ceiling. No adult water slides, no zip line, no ice skating rink, no central park, no boardwalk, no flow rider.    It's a very easy ship to get around.  At around 90,000 gross tons it's much smaller than any Oasis class ship which are around 228,000 gross tons.  That's why Symphony has all the space for those extra activities and venues.  

The helipad is open to the public unless it's windy.  I've often wished Oasis class has helipad public access like Radiance class does.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:41 PM, chris25 said:

My wife and I are sailing on the Radiance in February 2020 and was wondering if anybody had any information on the ship? We've sailed on the Symphony in October of 18 and Allure back in 16. We loved the ships and through talking to several people throughout our trips. A lot of people loved the smaller ships and we just wanted more opinions on it and what to expect from the ship. Is there anything new with the Radiance like a refit or anything? We are doing a 16 night top end cruise of Australia and can't wait!

We were on the Radiance in July 2018 for Alaska Cruise.  We loved the ship.  The only problem we had, was that the mattress was terrible!  This is the only time in all our cruising that we had mattress issues.

We have spent a total of 19 days on the Radiance (7 Alaska, 12 Hawaii repositioning).   We liked the ship; however, our focus was ashore both for Alaska and Hawaii.  During the five sea days from Maui to Vancouver, the days were relaxing.  It seemed like the ship got smaller and days longer.  Not having so many sea days in a row, I think will be much better for your cruise.   ?   Agree with Matt and Twangster, get to know the ship.